When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

029 winding issue

stevie7s

I purchased a Pam 029 with a modded 2836 recently and the watch has been running well with the exception of losing about 30-45 seconds per day. Usually, when I reset the time in the AM I use the crown to wind the watch a few turns. Now, suddenly I cant wind it. It is stuck when the crown is pushed in and I cnnot advance it. i can pull it out and set the time but no winding. It still winds automatically but Im concerned about the crown part.

Any help from anyone would be well...helpful.

I purchased a Pam 029 with a modded 2836 recently and the watch has been running well with the exception of losing about 30-45 seconds per day. Usually, when I reset the time in the AM I use the crown to wind the watch a few turns. Now, suddenly I cant wind it. It is stuck when the crown is pushed in and I cnnot advance it. i can pull it out and set the time but no winding. It still winds automatically but Im concerned about the crown part.

Any help from anyone would be well...helpful.

I suspect it's only automatic winding in one direction... The autowinder and hand winding use all the same gears, if one doesn't work, neither does the other. Your problem is most likely a result of handwinding, which can damage the clutch in the click wheels. These models should not be hand wound on a regular basis, hand winding only to get the watch going after it stops running is ok, but daily winding will lead to failure.

The autowinder click wheel(s) need to be cleaned and possibly replaced if they are damaged. Sorry to say, there is no easy fix for this one...

See my signature for further info.

RG