When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How accurate is the PAM164 rep?

scoobs1971

I know that date font and cyclops on the contemporary PAMS are not that good as are the crown and CG, but are there any other noticeable (dial-)flaws?

Thnx!

I got my 164 from Andrew last month. No problems with customs - it made its way right through on my wrist in Germany.

After unpacking I was very astonished to see the bezel brushed and not polished on my watch.

Andrew stated that he did not know, that the maker changed bezels... And he will give a compensation for being not as it should be

But I like it as it is! I am not the guy for 100% authenticity - the watch hast to look good overall. So I will keep it as it is.

Regards Ole

After unpacking I was very astonished to see the bezel brushed and not polished on my watch.

Did Andrew say that is was an incident or are all 164 delivered with brushed bezel?

What kind of movement is inside?

How is the overall quality?

I'm very curious. This is a watch I'm really starting to like from the gen pics... :)

Did Andrew say that is was an incident or are all 164 delivered with brushed bezel?

What kind of movement is inside?

How is the overall quality?

I'm very curious. This is a watch I'm really starting to like from the gen pics... :)

As I wrote, he didn't knew maker changed the bezels.

I don't know if they are back to polished again. Ask him if it is back to polished again. As far as I know there is only one maker for the 164.

The movement is an asian 21j, running about +10sec/day.

Overall quality is okay, I only had to tighten the CG screws - that was all "assembling" to do after receiving :rolleyes:

Ole

• 1 month later...

Sorry to be late here. If you really like this model, a pretty decent 164 w/ improved date font and mag and correct lume colors is supposed to make its appearance in a few months.

Sorry to be late here. If you really like this model, a pretty decent 164 w/ improved date font and mag and correct lume colors is supposed to make its appearance in a few months.

This is good news. It sounds like a number of new ones are on the way. Shouldn't the autos be somewhat easier to rep? I mean, they all have closed casebacks so the movements aren't dead giveaways. But that font and cyclops sure seem to elude the makers.

I was already thinking of sourcing a seperate case with sapphire glass and AR plus a seperate cyclops and datewheel to do a project. But I guess I'd better wait for the new version.

Thnx for the info!