When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pvd gen crowns for pams

These are all from the same seller who we did our group buy with.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/PAM-Crown-Offering-t30228.html

According to him he had bought out a professional watch smith's estate and had well over 100 SS and another 50 or so PVD. To date RWG members have accounted for the majority of the demand and bought well over 50. Our cost was $67.00 each including the first round of shipping. He has consistently kept the ss price at around $100 but the PVD's have now dropped substantially as there is much less demand.

We will never know with 100% certainty whether they are gen but here is my rationale. First, these crowns have better turnings and gasket fit than most gen crowns and certainly a quantum leap better than any rep crowns out there. Second, they match up perfectly from an aesthetic perspective against the gen 2893 crowns. Third, they have a larger underlip which is consistent with the larger case tube in a gen case. If anyone could actually tap the crowns for a 1.2mm stem you would have a fantastic case/crown combo.And finally, the seller has offered me other crowns in quantity for other watches of that time period including the Mille Miglia crowns and a couple of others. I actually have one of those but don't know what size it is for. The argument against them being gen is that there is at least one other seller that Kbiz encountered who was offering a few although he may have bought them from our seller.