When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question On Silix VC Overseas

austin870

It's supposed to...and it does. Mine does anyway.

Mine is a little strange. It does have a screw down crown but it only catches it at the very end and then it locks down. At the end it won't turn anymore. It stays there fine. To set time I only unwind counterclockwise a couple of turns and it pops out.

My other screwdown crowns you must screw counterclockwise a long way before the stem pops out. After poping it back in you then have to screw clockwise a long way. This one is real short and sweet.

Is this how the rest are? This VC looks great and is looking to be my best time keeper out of eight rep watches so far.

Mine is a little strange. It does have a screw down crown but it only catches it at the very end and then it locks down. At the end it won't turn anymore. It stays there fine. To set time I only unwind counterclockwise a couple of turns and it pops out.

My other screwdown crowns you must screw counterclockwise a long way before the stem pops out. After poping it back in you then have to screw clockwise a long way. This one is real short and sweet.

Is this how the rest are? This VC looks great and is looking to be my best time keeper out of eight rep watches so far.

Austin,

I think you should be careful with your VCO. I received a new updated model about a month ago and the screw down crown had the same characteristics you describe. I wore it every day for a week and had it checked out by my local watch repair guy-all was perfect. We thought nothing of the screw down crown. Then suddenly one evening I had moisture under the crystal even though it had never been under water, worn in the shower or anything of the sort. The next morning the watch stopped and would not run at all.

I contacted the dealer and arranged a return. The replacement VCO arrived today and the screw down crown catches right away and turns about 6 times before it is totally locked down.

This could be just coincidence, and I don't want to be an alarmist, but I felt it was best to warn you to be aware of the possibility. Good luck.

Thank you a great deal for the information Lefty and it really helps to network on these things. Mine is going back today. The stem is inconsistent in locking down after setting the time. Sometimes it will lock right down in about six turns, other times it won't lock down at all. It is "squirrelly" and does something different every time I set the time, which is quite frequently now that I am checking it out. It will even bind up and appear to be locked down when it is not.

Your moisture problem sounds related to the crown not sealing as well. It may not have an O-ring but is should seal a lot better than that. I would imagine the crown being seated correctly or not locking down are causing both problems.

I will let you know if I have any other challenges and please do the same.

Thank you a great deal for the information Lefty and it really helps to network on these things. Mine is going back today. The stem is inconsistent in locking down after setting the time. Sometimes it will lock right down in about six turns, other times it won't lock down at all. It is "squirrelly" and does something different every time I set the time, which is quite frequently now that I am checking it out. It will even bind up and appear to be locked down when it is not.

Your moisture problem sounds related to the crown not sealing as well. It may not have an O-ring but is should seal a lot better than that. I would imagine the crown being seated correctly or not locking down are causing both problems.

I will let you know if I have any other challenges and please do the same.

Glad to have been of help. So far (6 hours) so good, with the replacement VCO. I will keep close tabs on it and report my findings.