When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Tag Link with Swiss ETA 2836 Movement died on me today

Ghetto2315

I have had this rep for about 4 months now and it decided to die on me today. I was at work and my friend noticed that my watch was not moving. I told him that I did not wear it at all over the weekend and the power reserve was depleted.

Well, I am clueless on why it stopped working. It has the Swiss ETA movement so it should be more reliable than this... I have wound it for 20-30 times, shook it just a tad... Nothing.

Any thoughts guys??

I have had this rep for about 4 months now and it decided to die on me today. I was at work and my friend noticed that my watch was not moving. I told him that I did not wear it at all over the weekend and the power reserve was depleted.

Well, I am clueless on why it stopped working. It has the Swiss ETA movement so it should be more reliable than this... I have wound it for 20-30 times, shook it just a tad... Nothing.

Any thoughts guys??

Why don't you take the caseback off and see if something obvious happened. Once I had a retaining clip screw jar loose and jam up a movement. It was an easy thing to extract the screw with tweezers and replace it. Then all was well.

So you never know!

Why don't you take the caseback off and see if something obvious happened. Once I had a retaining clip screw jar loose and jam up a movement. It was an easy thing to extract the screw with tweezers and replace it. Then all was well.

So you never know!

I am in the process of talking with my dealer about a replacement. It seems that they are going to either fix the problem and send it back or send me a brand new one. So for the time being, I would rather not take the caseback off... just in fear that I don't trust my own hands and that I may screw something up.