When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep Stops after 3-4 days

Mark Eleven

So far, all my reps stops after 3 or 4 days (at most 5 days) after I fully wind it and wear it during day time office hours. As I only wear my watch for about 8 hours a day and I work in the office in front of my notebook most of the time, I guess the lack of wrist movement caused the watch to stop.

All my reps are with Asian 21j movement. However, I do not face similar this kind of problem with my Seikos with 7s26 movement. Looks like 7s26 winds easier than our Asian 21j movement.

Anyone having similar situation/problem with their reps. Or perhaps it's not a problems with all my reps, likely it's my little wrist movement during daytime.

So far, all my reps stops after 3 or 4 days (at most 5 days) after I fully wind it and wear it during day time office hours. As I only wear my watch for about 8 hours a day and I work in the office in front of my notebook most of the time, I guess the lack of wrist movement caused the watch to stop.

All my reps are with Asian 21j movement. However, I do not face similar this kind of problem with my Seikos with 7s26 movement. Looks like 7s26 winds easier than our Asian 21j movement.

Anyone having similar situation/problem with their reps. Or perhaps it's not a problems with all my reps, likely it's my little wrist movement during daytime.

You probably don't move your arm enough in the range of motion that they require to wind. Desk job, right? Happens to me sometimes too.

Lots of people have the same problem. I work for a jeweler as a watchmaker and we get at least one person a day in that can't keep an automatic wound because of their job.

If you walk briskly with good arm movement for about 15 minutes a day that ought to solve it. But it sounds like you may need a winder anyhow.