When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

anyone with a davidsen watch willing to do me a favour?

robideaux

i saw some pics of davidsen's crown guard on the 005 he offers, and it looks nice, thick and brushed, as the G and H series should be. he is willing to supply it as a seperate piece, but he says he is not sure if it will fit other rep cases. is there anyone with both that is willing to see if they are swapable? thanks in advance!

i saw some pics of davidsen's crown guard on the 005 he offers, and it looks nice, thick and brushed, as the G and H series should be. he is willing to supply it as a seperate piece, but he says he is not sure if it will fit other rep cases. is there anyone with both that is willing to see if they are swapable? thanks in advance!

They do not fit existing rep cases - the screw holes are too small and need enlarging, they are also not in perfect alignment but once done they don't look too bad. I got one on my 5218/201 and it's better than it was..

It may or may not work depending on which PAM replica you have. For almost a year, every 6497 based Luminor I handled had exactly the same case and the crown guards were interchangeable. Can't say that I ever tried to move a SS crown guard to a titanium watch, but I moved many SS ones around or titanium ones to other titanium watches or PVD guards to other PVD watches, and they always used the same sized screws and hole spacing. Then this year I've starting seeing different cases. I can't tell them apart just by looking at them, but the crown guards are not always interchangeable. Same thing with the screw on backs - they're coming in different sizes.

I suspect that it's due to other manufacturers getting into the game, but I have no way of knowing that for sure. The watches seem to have the same quality: AR coated sapphire cyrstals, Swiss ETA 6497 movements, nice looking dials and cases, but they're not identical.