When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A7750 - stem/crown and power reserve issue

Romp

Guys,

I have a friend who has recently bought a A7750.

I havent actually got one (only swiss and gens) so wasnt sure what it should feel like in the flesh ...

The crown when pulled out to adjust time seems to feel stiff, when you screw it back in it feels like it is still "engaged" and winding the movement.

Also - after a week of use it now doesnt last over night .. i.e. take the watch off at 9pm - wake up at 7am and it stopped. How long are these power reserves suppose to last ? I thought at least 36-40hours?

Cheers,

Rob

when you screw it back in it feels like it is still "engaged" and winding the movement.

Sorry I am missing the point, isn't it supposed to work that way? Can you clarify?

How long are these power reserves suppose to last ? I thought at least 36-40hours?

Yes, definitely.

Well i have other watches that when i screw the crown back in its not actually winding the watch at the same time.. it sorta disengages and just screws back down?

Also when i was winding the A7750 it would a few turns then felt bit stiff then wound then stiff again ... like its getting stuck inside?

Well i have other watches that when i screw the crown back in its not actually winding the watch at the same time.. it sorta disengages and just screws back down?

Ah, I see now, ok.

Sorry, all my A7750 watches are not screw-in crown type so I can't tell about this.

Also when i was winding the A7750 it would a few turns then felt bit stiff then wound then stiff again ... like its getting stuck inside?

This is definitely not normal. I would say that, coupled with the short power reserve, it qualifies the watch for service or return.

Or you may wait for The Zigmeister being back on September and ask for his advice.