When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM029 2893

dvn

Hi,

I was a last one of the group purchased deal from PA029/063 with freebies from Eddie and i got my watch few days ago. Eddie Lee shipping method was amazingly fast.

I am looking for some general info of how to operate the watch specificly how to operate the GMT hand and how to quickly changing the date.

Thanks

@Richard Tracy.

You mentioned not to change the date between 9 and 3, are you refering to 9pm to 3 am? or 9am to 3 pm?

and what happen if i do by accident?

Thanks

Hey,... Congrats !

The crown pulls out two clicks.... First click operates date turning clockwise..

and Gmt hand turning counter....

Last click changes the time..... Be sure not the change the date between 9 and 3... :D

Edited by nguyendd

You mentioned not to change the date between 9 and 3, are you refering to 9pm to 3 am? or 9am to 3 pm?

9 pm and 3 am - good habit to get into - never try to adjust the date a few hours before and after midnight. On some movements, doing so could damage the movement. I believe that The Zigmeister mentioned exactly why this was. Not all movements are affected by this, but if you never do it you'll be fine.

If you need to advance the date and the time is around midnight, pull the crown all the way out and adjust the time to 3:00 am or so. Then you can push the crown in one position and adjust the date as needed.

@Richard Tracy.

Thanks

You can break the date change mechanism by utilizing the quick change function if the hands

are between those hours....

What I mean is the hour hand positioning... between 9pm and 3am

however since am pm cannot always be known, to be safe always use the hour hand

to change the date if you are not sure.

You can always wind the crown in the fullly open time changing position to change

the date if you wish...but I always just set the time to 6 before utilizing quick change...