When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this dial Accurate?

Guest REPPIN

Guest REPPIN

I am looking at 2 watches from Trusty Time.

1. http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...;products_id=77

I love this one, but I have never seen the OP mark on the dial, is this accurate, or will it be easily spotted as a fake?

2. http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...products_id=693

This is the other one, is this a better replica as far as the actual accurateness goes?

They both have the same movement, and look the same other than that, which one would you guys purchase?

Thank you for the help,

Edited by REPPIN

The PAMs with the OP mark do actually exist, and they are named the 'logo' models.

The model you are referring to is the PAM 005.

It is a general rule that, the more features you add on a PAM dial (second subdial, date, logo, etc), the easier is getting a flaw.

Unfortunately, Andrew's 005 is no exception. The logo is a little less skewed than it is on the gen (the up arrow should point to the right end of the foot of the "E" letter on "PANERAI", and the down arrow shoult point to the left side of the "6" number).

This also makes the logo look a little shifted upside (i.e., a tiny bit too close to the "PANERAI" text).

This is a small flaw, but every Paneristi and PAM-lovers RWGers would spot it at first glance.

Even more, Paneristi and PAM lovers are not so much into logo models.

The second model you said, Andrew's 111G, is an almost perfect rep.

Just make you sure that the crown guard is brushed (while the case is polished), and that the cannon pinnion is not recessed (it does not look recessed on the pics, anyway).

That said, I would surely go for the 111G.

Guest REPPIN
The PAMs with the OP mark do actually exist, and they are named the 'logo' models.

The model you are referring to is the PAM 005.

It is a general rule that, the more features you add on a PAM dial (second subdial, date, logo, etc), the easier is getting a flaw.

Unfortunately, Andrew's 005 is no exception. The logo is a little less skewed than it is on the gen (the up arrow should point to the right end of the foot of the "E" letter on "PANERAI", and the down arrow shoult point to the left side of the "6" number).

This also makes the logo look a little shifted upside (i.e., a tiny bit too close to the "PANERAI" text).

This is a small flaw, but every Paneristi and PAM-lovers RWGers would spot it at first glance.

Even more, Paneristi and PAM lovers are not so much into logo models.

The second model you said, Andrew's 111G, is an almost perfect rep.

Just make you sure that the crown guard is brushed (while the case is polished), and that the cannon pinnion is not recessed (it does not look recessed on the pics, anyway).

That said, I would surely go for the 111G.

Thank you very much!

I will go for the 111, as i do not like the "logo" dial either. Its to busy, i like PAM for its simple elegant and clean designs.

Thank you again, and i think I will go for the 111G

I already have a 24mm Strap Culture Brown leather strap on the way.

Edited by REPPIN

You are welcome.

Welcome to the forum, too! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Don't you already own a 111?

As PAMs are highly addictive, may I suggest that upgrading to VIP membership may prove a good idea?

It will save you a lot of legwork and will make getting in touch with collectors and modders easier.

Guest REPPIN
You are welcome.

Welcome to the forum, too! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Don't you already own a 111?

As PAMs are highly addictive, may I suggest that upgrading to VIP membership may prove a good idea?

It will save you a lot of legwork and will make getting in touch with collectors and modders easier.

Thanks, and while you are right, I do have a 111, its not the best quality replica. I was wanting to get some upgrades done, but once I saw some of the quality of these other Reps, I knew i needed another watch.

Therefore, I have just purchased the 111G from this site, and I cant wait til it gets here.

I do have a 111, its not the best quality replica. I was wanting to get some upgrades done, but once I saw some of the quality of these other Reps, I knew i needed another watch.

Therefore, I have just purchased the 111G from this site, and I cant wait til it gets here.

Excellent choice, IMO. That 111G is not cheap but it is one of the best PAM out there. Even a 'risti would get a hard time on trying to spot it. :good:

Guest REPPIN
Excellent choice, IMO. That 111G is not cheap but it is one of the best PAM out there. Even a 'risti would get a hard time on trying to spot it. :good:

It looks to be a lot better quality than the one I have now(its a 119.00 replica off some crazy site, which was bought back when i knew nothing about replicas)

And to be honest, its not cheap, but its WAY worth it from what i can tell, and from the reviews around here. Not to mention, a Genuin 111G is around 3000-4000

I have also ordered this strap from SC:

http://www.strapculture.com/legendmp/sclg-m872.html

I love this color, and I think it will complement the OAM ver well

Edited by REPPIN

I have also ordered this strap from SC:

http://www.strapculture.com/legendmp/sclg-m872.html

Wow, what a gorgeous strap! :o

Just unsure about the full-white stitching.

Should you get bored from white, you may easily and effectively customize it to your desires the way I told here.

Congrats about everything, I am sure you will enjoy your purchases. Wear them well!

Guest REPPIN
Wow, what a gorgeous strap! :o

Just unsure about the full-white stitching.

Should you get bored from white, you may easily and effectively customize it to your desires the way I told here.

Congrats about everything, I am sure you will enjoy your purchases. Wear them well!

That is cool, thats a good tutorial.

Although, I like the strap with the lighter stitching, I talked to a lady at Strap Culture, and she said they looked alot lighter, they are actually a beige color, So im not sure that they will stick out as much as they seem to in there photo. But i like the off color stitching, just me I guess.

But i am sure it wont be my last strap purchase, I think I have caught a disease...paneritis.

I think I have caught a disease...paneritis.

Argh. I can tell you it is an incurable disease. One that you can just temporarily relieve from, at expenses of your wallet.

But, in this case, welcome to the club as well! :lol: