When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ATTN: PAM 192 Tantalium MODING WANTED!

turboGUATE

Hello fellow members,

I recently aquired from on of us a beautiful PAM 192 with Ti Case and I think it's a keeper.

DSC02145.jpg

DSC02148.jpg

DSC02152.jpg

Although there are several moddings needed, I might need some help from the more veterans. The mods I'm planning are (in this order):

1. New Ti crown. (Help sourcing one and if it might fit on the Venus movement?

2. Perhaps a new CG. This one seems to have to much of a gap for the crown. Although I think this is an almost impossible part to obtain.

3. Correct caseback. Closed Ti preferebly if possible with correct markings.

4. Taller blue second hand lume spot. The one it comes with sits a little lower, contrary to the gen.

5. Elimination of the middle second markers. I think this job could be done with Vac.

6. Complete Lume job.

7. Oxidization of the case so it can resemble a lot more the Tantalium. I've read a pseudo tutorial on how to this in RWG.

8. Sapphire crystal with inside AR coating

Any other possible mods you can suggest to make this an "Ultimate" (so to speak) PAM 192 Tantalium.

Cheers and thanks for looking!

Thanks for the welcome! I'm sure enjoying this watch. It has a GeF Bersagliere strap.

Since you have been longer with the Tanti, I wanted to ask you how's the AR in your watch? Inexistant? I really want to make all the mods, but first I need to find the necessary parts and services.

Cheers!

Welcome to the Tanti club :tu:

Is that a MP XI Papaya Brown I see it sporting? ;)

My own 192 - original version, solid Ti caseback with Lello crown

Been meaning to get round to Oxiclean it but not worked up the nerve yet.

picture6hi1.png

picture7nv9.png

Yes, there's no AR, and I agre this is one that actually needs it, more for legibility than anything. I plan on getting it done soon.

Not sure if gen has Ti crown, I think it's SS. My crown was part of a one-off project, although there are gen Pam crowns about these days, you'll need the 0.9 calibre for the manual movt rather than the 1.2 if memory serves me right.

CG and caseback, I doubt you'll be able to source, given model is now discontinued. But you could ask a dealer especially if you have a good relationship/are a valued customer.

I wouldn't bother about the dial spots/markers being innaccurate, as the dial itself is not too accurate, the colour of the subdial rings particularly stand out - rep black, gen grey.

Again, as for oxidising the case, it's a good mod, but be careful to remove the inner bezel also so as not to strip the markings off. Personally I think the effect is only worth it if you have the matching SS/Ti bracelet.

The only other mod I would recommend is swapping the strap and putting a 'tantalum' type strap on, MP does a gorgeous one, but there are others out there plus of course the OEM version. The pale 'butter' colour just sets of the look really well IMO.

Whatever you do, enjoy and wear it well!