When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

broad arrow venus problem

ishanga

hi guys,

its been about 4 months since i purchased my speedmaster, the Venus manual. Its been working fine up until the last month or so when the sec's hand would'nt reset properly. When that happens i had to start the chronograph again, stop.... reset. Sometimes i had to do this 3-4 times until it reset in the right place ie on 12 o' clock.

This morning i was fiddling with the watch again & pressed the start on the chrono...it just wobbled a little and froze. I mean the whole movement just froze. none of the chrono buttons also would work. I was frantically pushing & turning everything & all of a sudden the top button was now moving freely, like it had snapped from the movement. screwed right royally i thought.

For some reason beyond me i took the watch & hit it a couple of times on the floor & "click"....something fell into place & the movement started again. Now the watch is working, except the chrono, ie the buttons(start,stop & reset) & the sec's hand are all frozen.

Have i done some permanent damage or can this be fixed. Please dont tell me to hit it on the ground again :p

jim