When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Single or Double Slot Holders for Watch Winder...

DuDro

Greetings All...

I'm about to invest in some watch winders for my growing collection of gen and rep watches. I've been looking at various size winders and I need some input from the community.

Has anyone had issues with winders that have double slots on a single motor? Like the one below...

ww8_12_redwood_open-a.jpg

Or like this one...

NEW-2-BLACK-2.jpg

My main concern is having two watches positioned so close to one another. I don't want to run the risk of having a crown or crown guard rubbing against an adjacent watch.

The other alternative would be to get a winder with single slots for each watch like the models below...

4.jpg

Or like this one...

yellow-19-21_400a.jpg

Can you guys / gals provide some guidance on what I should do? In addition, please let me know which winders you have and which to stay away from. Thanks for your time and help in advance!

~ The DuDro...

I'm not expert, but I have a four watch winder with double holder.

I position the watches opposite of each other so that the crowns point out on both sides. I haven't had a problem with watches scratching each other.

Thanks for the input...I can't decide which one to get. I need house at least 14-automatic watches...