When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AR on a PAM 187?

Assasimon

Howdy!

Does anyone know if there is any "Light AR" on the 47 mm PAM 187?

It bothers me that you cannot practically see the dial if you look from a not to steep angle. Has this anything to do with the AR?

I am not really sure about the looks of a orig but this really makes the watch loose some of it

You're talking about the second gen rep with 28.8vph 7750 movt, right?

Yes, they did have a "very light" AR-type coating. I only say that because you can see a very faint pinky/purple tint around the crystal perimeter when it catches the light. As for it bestowing any AR properties at all, well that's a big fat NO.

The gen has excellent AR and rightly so as it is a busy dial, which is why my 187 crystal is currently being given a proper double AR-coat :D

@Chief

Would appreciate your valued input on the silver ring on the inner side (painted black on back) of the 187 rep crystal.

Guessing it's some sort of rehaut 'tromp l'oeil'? Assume it didn't survive AR oven on the ones you've done. Just that mine's been removed with the rep light AR coating for k222's EU run.

cheers

DBR

Hello again!

Ok, then I will certanly have the watch AR coated. As a matter of fact I also need to have this done on my Slytech Chrono.

@ Chieftang

Now then, what do I need to do? I have searched but cannot find how to remove the bezel on the 187. I know how to do on a Sub but is it the same procedure here? Also do I need to remove the old "Light AR" before I send it to have a new AR.

Regards!

J

@Chief

Would appreciate your valued input on the silver ring on the inner side (painted black on back) of the 187 rep crystal.

Guessing it's some sort of rehaut 'tromp l'oeil'? Assume it didn't survive AR oven on the ones you've done. Just that mine's been removed with the rep light AR coating for k222's EU run.

cheers

DBR

Well I don't know what a 'tromp l'oeil' is, or even what language that is for that matter, but I do know that the rings have survived the AR coating process every single [censored] time. Pardon my French. ;)

Well I don't know what a 'tromp l'oeil' is, or even what language that is for that matter, but I do know that the rings have survived the AR coating process every single [censored] time. Pardon my French. ;)

OK, trick of the eye then Monsieur Chieftang ;)

Not so much survived the AR but didn't survive the stripping of existing coating - assuming your guy just AR'd as the crystal originally came (barely any AR)?