When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chopard Mille Miglia GMT - 7750

AMK000

This is my review on this watch. Feel free to add yours if you have this watch. Feel free to move it to correct section too.

This would be one of my latest posts after my absent for many weeks. Well... It's a long story on how I got this watch. I have written this article more than 3 times but failed to publish it due to some unforseen circumstances. To cut the story short, I bought it during my China trip in Beijing about 2 months ago. This is the only model available on the store at time of purchase.

Firstly, pardon me if related article has been written before, I haven't gotten enough time to catch up.

I have been eyeing on this watch for quite some time. Before my trip to China, I told taiji (another Singapore based member) that this watch very much worth considering.

Chopard is one of many watch brands that I am not really familiar with. I skipped the GTXL replica because I feel it's too big for my wrist. Nonetheless,

I found that Chopard Mille Miglia GMT Chrono 2005 has the right size for my wrist (42mm). There it goes! At the beginning, the design really strikes me. Stock pictures look good. I thought I've got to see it in person before buying it.

Overall look of this watch:

watch looks modest. It has the right size, not too big and not too small for me. Size of the dial is excellent too. Finishing of the replica is considered top notch. Lots of polished part on this watch. The inner side of the bracelet is heavily polished and the case too. It just shows "grandness" of a watch.

p1040063ok2.jpg

Looking closely on another side of the watch:

it comes with see thru caseback. It houses Asian 7750, fitted with extra GMT module. I have seen a few models with blue screws but mine comes with standard silver grey colour. A dead giveaway here (shape of Asian 7750 movement). Movement looks pretty standard. Rotor is nicely engraved though.

p1040202ve2.jpg

Closer on dial:

this replica has excellent dial printing, one of the best I must say. Printing looks bold enough, fitted with good luminuous material. A rare scene in replica world. Minute, Hour and GMT hands are luminous, standard replica luminosity but I have to admit that luminosity on replica has improved over time. Lume is C3 colour but glow can't match the real Tritec's stuff. What strikes me the most is; The time is easily readable. This watch wins Panerai GMT or Montblanc Timewalker GMT. The use of black colour GMT hand with white luminous tip blends really well with the dial. GMT hand won't confuse you, together with chrono subdial. I can recall a replica watch with chrono and GMT complications is Breitling Navitimer Chrono GMT. Still, Chopard's dial looks much cleaner and relatively more practical than Breitling Navi's dial.

p1040207hj2.jpg

Moving on to the crystal:

AR coating is single side. Still can't match genuine Chopard heavily AR coated crystal. Nonetheless, you can see bluish tint at certain angle and AR coating is pretty effective on this piece. Datefont is good but magnification might not be strong enough.

p1040219ws9.jpg

Generally, this watch has been one my favourite replica watches. Build quality is excellent regardless of the flaw. My only complain is; second hand chrono counter is pretty jerky when chronograph function is activated. I am not sure it's a flaw on all the piece (this is my first rep with chrono and GMT complication). It's a bit heavy on my wrist too as I am really used to Titanium watches.

Last but not least, a wristshot:

p1040092ax5.jpg

I have had the white dial-black subdial version for a few months now, and both the GMT and reserve functions seem to be rock-solid. I was hesitant to get this watch because of the addition of the GMT function on top of a 7750, but so far my impression is that this is the best built of my four 7750s. Yes, the chrono hand is a bit jerky. But otherwise I couldn't be happier with the looks and build quality of this watch.

Cheers.

Morning Guys (and gals if any around).

I am reviving this topic for the following reason:

I just received my Chop GMT , white dials and black subdials.

Watch under test right now , so far runs OK in all aspects.

But ..... one thing that strikes me a bit is that the AR coating it looks rather "light" (Dealers claim single AR coating).

I compare it with my UPO 45 mm (single AR coating) and the AR looks much better and stronger on the UPO rather than the Chop GMT.

Added: The more I am checking the more I am convinced that the Chop GMT I received has no AR !!!!! <_<

Any owners of both out there that can do a quick comparison and feed back pls ???

Many thanks

But ..... one thing that strikes me a bit is that the AR coating it looks rather "light" (Dealers claim single AR coating).

I compare it with my UPO 45 mm (single AR coating) and the AR looks much better and stronger on the UPO rather than the Chop GMT.

Added: The more I am checking the more I am convinced that the Chop GMT I received has no AR !!!!! <_<

Any owners of both out there that can do a quick comparison and feed back pls ???

Many thanks

Bump ....... for an AR comparison between the Chop GMT and the UPO

Many thanks

I originally thought mine had NO AR, but after I (just) got it back from The Zigmeister, I took another look. Pretty sure it has a very light AR... certainly has the tell-tale blue tint...But, it's not strong at all...