When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TT Black dial Daytona anyone?

Guest Sql_pl

Well as I somehow got interested in Daytonas again (yes, after I sold my 116520 and 6263 ) I spent some time lately browsing dealer's offering in that subject...

And even though I usually don't like TT watches this one got my interest...

1.jpg

2.jpg

So I was just wondering if anybody already bought one of these?

Maybe someone could post some real life pics or wristshots of this model?

Thanks

Maciek

I have two of these. One white dial from King and one black dial from paul. The black dial with arabic and diamond markers is really nice. He says solid gold. I tested a link and it tested positive for solid gold. Two problems. One the cases on these two watches are much much thicker than the gen. There are versions with thinner cases but the links and middle end link aren't solid gold, just wrapped around. With these versions I have found other flaws like the crown on the clasp being way too big as well as the crown guards being way too fat. also the rehaut is very deep on the paul versions, but thinner on others that I have had. Second problem is as nice as these are, both the two tone daytonas from paul and king are dead. They work but stop intermittently. I can wear them for half a day with no problems and then I'll look at the time and it will ahve stopped. The seconds at six transfer gears are unjewelled so without a proper service they will stick from time to time.

I do have one SS seconds at six daytona that I got from a Taiwan dealer that is to date the best I have seen. All the details are great and it is still running well after almost two years. I say roll the dice. they are really nice watches but don't get too [censored] if it dies.