When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 04 Dial

Watchmeister

Today I am lazy so PAManiacs please help out. I have a PVD case back from the person who used to do Finepic's watches. Not loving my dial. I am looking for a reference for where to get a dial. Of course I would love to buy a gen but I suspect I am looking for a rep dial. Custom is fine too. Any ideas? Feel free to PM if it is a proprietary source. ;)

Today I am lazy so PAManiacs please help out. I have a PVD case back from the person who used to do Finepic's watches. Not loving my dial. I am looking for a reference for where to get a dial. Of course I would love to buy a gen but I suspect I am looking for a rep dial. Custom is fine too. Any ideas? Feel free to PM if it is a proprietary source. ;)

What about the DVSN options - PAM 40 T-Swiss-T is nice looking for a pre-A...?

I have his 004A dial but it's custom size to his PVD case...

P1010134.jpg

P1010144.jpg

Other than that I have been thinking the Ultimate 111-E dial with a re-paint to T Swiss T & lume by the man himself...?

Best

FGD

Hi mate,

Gen PVD PAM 004B series came in both 'transitional' T-dial and L-dial flavors.

So get yourself a decent 111 sausage dial with 'L Swiss L' under 6 o'clock and you'll end up with a ice PAM 004B.

Some of the dealers should be able to get you the dial only. I'm currently partial to Angus' 111E dial as it comes with grooved indices and numerals, like the gen.

DSN doesn't have any T-swiss-T dials left, also the 'dash' between T and Swiss is wrong for any watch except pre-A models.

If you could source DSN T_dash dial you could create pre-A 004, however the shape and form of dial indices wouldn't be even close to the watch of that era.

Drop me a PM if you'd like to talk further :)

cheers,

babola

Edited by babola

I have this rep dial just like in the piture below in my spare part. It look exactly like the watch below. If you interesting, we can discuss further. However, it is the rep dial with standard lume. So the lume is not that good. If you want the bright lume, you will need to get it further done by one of the mod masters.

DSCN1783.jpg

DSN doesn't have any T-swiss-T dials left, also the 'dash' between T and Swiss is wrong for any watch except pre-A models.

If you could source DSN T_dash dial you could create pre-A 004, however the shape and form of dial indices wouldn't be even close to the watch of that era.

Gents,

I took a DVSN PAM T-Swiss-T 40 dial ,re-lumed by Ziggy......to make a pre-A 001 in a Jimmy case / cg combo.

Whilst the end result is a sausage rather than filled indices (and the 2 is wrong) - the thickness of the numerals and the "6" in particular are very pleasing to the eye.

The font is very crisp as is the matt black dial colour ...I was also pleasantly surprised to find it was a perfect fit in a Jimmy case.

I know it's a case of each to their own - but I'm getting another dial to re-do my 004 because when I look at all my collection - this dial is by far one of the most pleasing to look at.......it's my new favourite formula.

P1010165.jpg

Need to take more pics soon...

FGD