When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM Crown Offering - Redux

Watchmeister

in light of the Palp crown issue, I have now received a couple of inquiries on the gen crowns that people had previously bought. I had stopped ordering them as numerous people had participated and it looked like demand had been satisfied. Since a couple of friends on the forum have asked I am willing to do one more group buy if demand exceeds 10. I have attached the original post and those that are not familiar should read it.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...amp;hl=kruzer00

The headlines are the following:

Cost is $67.00 each. All stainless and PVD come with 0.9 stems so they will only fit automatics unless you have a watch smith with rethreading capability. You should assume they are for automatics. The ti crowns (if he has any left) are all 1.2 so they will fit hand winds. All crowns are likely to require an adjustment to the cg lever and may require widening the casetube as well. So be forewarned. If you previously had a palp crown on the watch you would need a new CG or at least a new CG lever. This offering is for folks who know what they are buying. If you are truly interested please indicate interest at watchmeisters@gmail.com. If we get to 10 or more I will check with seller on availability, let people know and then you can then make payment. So don't send payment. Just indicate interest. Here are a couple of pics to give you a sense. You have all seen them before :lol: :

IMGP1067.jpg

IMGP1204.jpg

- Kruz

UNBELIEVABLE..........no-one else is commited to a truly rare "twice in a lifetime" opportunity for gen crowns and 30% less than fleabay.....?

Is nobody ever going to buy a PAM and mod it ever again......?

Nobody wants a more perfect Daylight or GMT in the future.....what is the world coming to ...

Anyway off my soap box and put me down for 2 Kruzer ......one eye on winter shoes for the kids.!:-).

Best regards

FGD

Guest watchbuff
UNBELIEVABLE..........no-one else is commited to a truly rare "twice in a lifetime" opportunity for gen crowns and 30% less than fleabay.....?

I think the newer "super reps" from a select few dealers ( i know I have one...) have the 2mm crown which is correct along with most of the mods they will ever need. I guess the do-it- yourselfer will go for it since the cost of the un-modded pams were not so high and the crown is a good deal at $67.00. The canon pin fix and lume are great upgrades but after it's all done the parts are greater than the whole. I am sure there will be a call for these crown's from those un-modded pre super rep PAM owners.

I think the newer "super reps" from a select few dealers ( i know I have one...) have the 2mm crown which is correct along with most of the mods they will ever need. I guess the do-it- yourselfer will go for it since the cost of the un-modded pams were not so high and the crown is a good deal at $67.00. The canon pin fix and lume are great upgrades but after it's all done the parts are greater than the whole. I am sure there will be a call for these crown's from those un-modded pre super rep PAM owners.

I agree ...super reps are getting better ....I have some.....but the crown is not correct!!

Each to their own and I don't advocate obessive nerdism but I would not be doing my duty to the forum if I didn't draw on my own experience of missing most of the JimmyzFu CG's and raise this alarm bell for the PAM loving community !!!!

Best regards

FGD

Guest watchbuff

True, the hobbyist will enjoy the fruits of their labor to be one step closer to the "real deal" I have a datejust that is all gen but the movement. Because of that.....I'm not sure what to call it. But it's mine and I treat it as if it were from an AD.

I disagree with the crowns I think some runs are better than others. The gen crowns I read somewher are $35.00? If that's true then that's the way to go.

We are getting close and I suspect the requisite minimum will be met. But I did want to comment on the super reps and their crowns. IMHO they are not super. The only thing that is right about them is the width. Width may be right but usually one or more of the following issues are still there: teeth count is off, the depth of the teeth is off, bevel is off and as always is the case gen crowns have a much deeper recess. But IMHO the best part of the gen crowns which are by no means perfect for every model either is that they do what gen crowns are supposed to do. The spring loaded stem provides for proper seal and for that wonderful "pop" when you undo the crown guard.

On the $35 crown I would love to hear more. Hearing what had been posted earlier I called a local AD. In the case of a watch under warranty you send it in and they put on a new crown. When I mentioned that the watch was out of warranty he said he would sell me a crown in the context of a full service since "any accident which ruined the crown must have impacted the movement." Have you priced out a service for an out of warranty gen PAM. It is cheaper to buy the movement. ;) So if there is someone willing to sell parts off the books we all want to hear about it or you should organize a group buy. I would certainly be in.

So without looking like a total idiot , could we sum up some info here.

Will the Ti crown fit a rep ti case handwound (regular or davidsen) ? wihout modifications ?

Will the SS crown fit a handwound rep case (regular/davidsen/jimmy) wihout modifications ? (not counting the rethreading which is a fact)

If not what modifications would be neccesary ?