When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Life expectancy and durability of Yachtmaster Rep

buytheplace

Hello to everyone and thanks for all of the great info.

I am a newbie who has been searching for a gen Yachtmaster for about a month. I stumbled upon a website of reps last night and got very interested very quickly. thankfully, I found this site today and found that website to be on this list of "avoid" thanks. I am now choosing between a number of vendors recommended here.

My question: Considering the obvious difference in price between the reps and the gen, how long can one expect the reps to perform sufficently without servicing and how long will the gold and stainless facing remain before yellowing or otherwide deteriorating??

Lastly, how does the weight of the replicas compare to that of the genuine??

Appreciate all of the advice and recommendations from everyone.

Thanks

E

The big problem with the sub-based replicas (YM inc.) is that the bezel ring glue weakens and the bezel ring falls off. This happens any time from within one week of arrival to one year like mine.

The movements are also a game of chance. Your best bet would be to stick with a Swiss ETA 2836-2, however, some report generic asian 21J lasting longer than ETA, I can attest to this personally.

I recommend taking a look at the 'nymphomariner' series yachtmaster (Narikaa - forum member) because it has tremendous value, accuracy, and is inspected before shipment.

LINK: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=59527