When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM127E Upgrade to AR coated sapphire crystal

yogi

I have just received my fiddy with Upgrade to AR coated sapphire crystal it seams to have a lot of distortion in the crystal. Is this normal ??

I have done the sapphire crystal water test and compared to my gen sub looks like mineral is there any other way I can test to see if I got what I paid for

Thanks

Is the distortion in the crystal or in the way the dial looks when viewed through the crystal? I have sapphire on my fiddy and it creates a heavy distortion of the numbers of the dial when held at angles and especially around the edges. This distortion is consistent with the gen. Besides the water test, I dunno of any other in-home methods to check the crystal. I would think that anything that is AR coated would have started as sapphire.

Edited by Sweattdogg

Sounds normal to me and also consistant with the gen. As far as what the crystall is made of, I would guess if you bought it here on the forum and the seller is reputable, then it will be sapphire. There are devices which I have seen that tell what kind of crystal it is, but I don't know where you would even start to look for one of those.