When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

newbie question on sunbmariners . . .

im2

After reading disapointing replies concerning reps of limited interest brands (e.g. Cartier and its Santos 100) i thought that it might be better purchasing a watch that after many sales, the rep manufacturers have minimised its flaws, like . .Rolex submariner. My question is that the Submariner is offered @ about 100$ (as begin mariner or something) while the same dealer offers it as 'perfect) at . . 3 times its price ($300+) .Well i know the major difference is the movement but apart from that, are there any other (external) differences? If so, which r these? R there any fully satisfied members with the 100$ submariner? Well i am not intending to provoke a conversatin on movements . .i hope ppl understood my point and my questions! thanx!!

Yes there are other differences - yet even the "ultimate", "perfect", "ultra", "hyper", "mega".... whatever sub is not a perfect 1:1 replica of the real thing. It's a common joke on rep fora: the best sub still comes from.... Rolex.

Having said that...do a little reading in the Rolex section. You will see all the various offers and detailed reviews. Don't expect to get a detailed list of flaws as an answer to your post. The rule is: all the information is here... for those who are willing to read....

For starters... you can't make a mistake by buying a "noobmariner" from TTK... it's a bargain and a pretty good sub-rep.