When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Questions on sending watches back

waffles

I have two watches that i bought from Josh that he said i can return. one has a broken clasp and the other will just not keep time after being set down even after wearing it all day. He gave me instructions to send the watches back . I have a couple issues. The first is I recently moved back to my parents house, so i was thinking about getting a PO box bc i dont want to have custom issues with my parents address being black listed or whatever. So i was wondering has anyone had watches mailed to a PO box and if so any problems? Another question does the Post office ever check an item being shipped if there is suspicion? Well maybe I am just nervous about sending the watches back and over reacting. Any help though would be great appreciated.

I have received watches at my po box without any problem.

I dont think you would have a problem with customs unless you were receiving many shipments (that would indicate that you were dealing these watches), but .. whatever makes you feel safe. On the flip side, you might want to make sure that the dealers for whom you want to deal with will mail to a PO Box as many companies will not do this (dealers probably wont care).

Make sure you ask Josh the method he wants you to use when mailing your watches back, I remember an issue with Angus that had his customer pretty worried,, come to find out, the customer sent the watches using FED-EX and the dealer had to pick them up at the local office or something like that.. the customer thought he had been scammed and Angus thought the customer followed directions and sent them back using usps international express shipping,, my point,, just be clear with the dealer on the details.

You should have no problem either way,, BTW, if using usps international express from the mid-west US, it should take about 6 days guaranteed, and if it does not arrive within 6 days, you can get your money back for the shipping cost, (I almost got mine back but it hit on the 6th day, (I had a movement go bad)).

Another way that you might look at a po box,, read those forms carefully, using the usps postal service to break the law is .. well.. not good.. and lucky it is not illegal to own a replica in the US.. just pray that they dont think you are dealing by mailing them to someone else, yes.. you do use the usps to mail from home,, but .. you are signing papers and using their facility when you have a po box. (that is my paranoid self talking) lol...

Ok,, roller coaster ride done... you may exit to your left. :)

Don't really worry about it.

You got good advice from Daytona.

All of us here for more than a while have sent watches back and that is how it is done.

Josh will take care of any problems. Just do as your dealer recommends.

Carl