When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for upgraded Crown guard for Ultimate Arktos

tanya

Got my beautiful new Ultimate Arktos from Andrew and I am starring at the crappy crown guard. Anyone have an accurate crown guard for this model and will it fit seamlessly ???

I bought mine from Andrew too, and my crown guard was crap. I sent the whole watch back to him for a replacement. When the I got the replacement, that crown guard was crap too. I then ordered a different watch just so he could ship me a new replacement crownguard. Guess what? That crown guard was crap too. It didn't even fit properly. The lever was so loose that it would flip open just by turning my wrist. This watch now sits in my case just useless. I am extremely frustrated and angry, but what do you do? I bought 40 watches or so from Andrew, and I am very unhappy with this situation. I give up on trying to sort it out. If you happen to find a replacement crown guard, let me know. I have stopped rep collecting until quality assurance is improved.

Got my beautiful new Ultimate Arktos from Andrew and I am starring at the crappy crown guard. Anyone have an accurate crown guard for this model and will it fit seamlessly ???

I bought mine from Andrew too, and my crown guard was crap. I sent the whole watch back to him for a replacement. When the I got the replacement, that crown guard was crap too. I then ordered a different watch just so he could ship me a new replacement crownguard. Guess what? That crown guard was crap too. It didn't even fit properly. The lever was so loose that it would flip open just by turning my wrist. This watch now sits in my case just useless. I am extremely frustrated and angry, but what do you do? I bought 40 watches or so from Andrew, and I am very unhappy with this situation. I give up on trying to sort it out. If you happen to find a replacement crown guard, let me know. I have stopped rep collecting until quality assurance is improved.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel your pain!!!!! My lever is tight though. I was told to PM Angus for a better Crown Guard. Good luck!!! I have a different better crown guard but the lever is too short to lock into the deeper crown and I have no Idead nor do I want to try to get the lever out. If your Bezel is loose and loud as mine was I found a partial solution. Get some jewelers 747 silicone in a syringe (they prob have it at Home Depot) Inject a nice bead into the gap between the bezel and case as you turn the bezel. For me the bezel moves much better and it really cut the clickiness noice out.

Merry X-mas

I'ver also heard from another member that the CG's on the both of the latest "ultimate" GMT's he ordered are crap, so it looks like you guys are beating your heads against the wall ordering the same bad guards over and over. I thought the guard on the previous version of the Arktos was pretty good, so you guys might want to ask your collectors if they can send guards from the that version. I see know reason why any other decent submersible CG won't work, so it might be worth while to check the trading section.

• 4 years later...

Had the same problem with tonys special re: loose lever. And did the following surgery :) i might actually post a walkthrough for those who have access to the tools i used.

1715b420-0f69-831d.jpg

32137f7c-0f8f-4a30.jpg

32135cbe-0fb6-853f.jpg

1715b46f-100a-17cf.jpg the modded one is on the right.

I also polished my compass letters so they wouldnt grab onto anything i was wearing.

1715b420-10a7-aef7.jpg

For some reason the Arktos seems to be plagued with bad CG's, mine was one of the worst rep parts I've ever seen, honestly you could see the sand from the casting on it still. I swapped mine out to a V guard, which was a project on the board here 3-4 years back.

That fitted just fine apart from the lever engagement point, i.e. it was loose. To fix that I made up a new crown tube on the lathe to move the crown out a little.

The only suggestion I can make to get a better guard is to buy one of the 111 or similar models and part it out.