When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW/MBK OffShore

Guest Sql_pl

Hi Guys,

I am still hunting for the Offshore.

There are currently 2 dealers that I am working out a deal with but it seems they are offeringdifferent versions of the watch and what is more interesting both versions seem to be different from what I was used to see when it comes to MBW/MBK OffShores so far.

Here is a regular version (pics courtesy of PAM1A)

madred72xc0.jpg

Please note how engravings of the caseback look on this one - nice, sharp, deep... 955 serial number.

Here is a current offering from Angus:

APROO-BLACK-05.jpg

For me it looks like these engravings are not as deep as in the pic above... they seem to look almost laser-etched in comparison... but still with 955 number

And here is a pic of a watch from Paso:

44434728jt3.jpg

Deep engravings again... but somehow looking different... and now with a different serial number!

What also makes me feel a bit worried is how the rubber of the crown and pusher covers looks like:

33355506hs8.jpg

They look "sticky"... something like first PAM rubber straps... like a dust magnet...

Additional pics that I got:

92167798pt4.jpg

Please see the gap between the crown and the case here...

10cl7.jpg

To be honest the caseback thing is not a big problem for me, but I am not sure what to think about these pushers and crown.

I would really appreciate it if other members who already own hese pieces like tech and rckh could chime in and let me know if their rubber is also like this. Does your look identical?

Yeah I know I am anal but aren't we all like that here?? :)

Thanks in advance

Maciek

Edited by Sql_pl

Ola Amigo,

wasn't the Mad Red a special engraving? As far as the rubber and the gap go, I have an EOD from TTK (not the MBW but the "V2") and that one has no gap and the rubber does not draw dust. I have, however, lost the rubber cover of one of the metal chrono pushers. It's glued on... TTK was so kind to offer to send me a spare pusher cover...

My pusher problem makes me think that the gap of the crown could simply be a rubber cover that has "moved upwards"....

(I posted that picture in a wristcheck and minutes later noticed the missing cover....)

APROOEOD2.jpg

There's been talk of Angus's ROO being a copy of the MBW ROO. I have an EOD v1....serial is 955 (duh!) and engraving is not particularly deep....it is exactly like angus's ROO (with all serials) but is black. No gap on crown but the rubber should be able to hide that part anyways.

-bosk