When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Navitimer Chrono reset

Bright Ling

:huh::o:mellow:<_<:huh::mellow::o

Arrrrgghhh.....

I've had my Breitling Navitimer with an Asian 7750 movement for about 4 months now. Until recently the chrono worked flawlessly, although I rarely used it. I noticed today that the minute timer (the hand at the 3 o'clock position) was on the 2, not 0, with the chrono stopped and reset. I ran the chrono for a few minutes; all the hands advanced properly, with the minute timer advancing from the 2 minute position. I sut the chrono off and reset with the bottom button. The chrono reset with the minute hand (3 o'clock) resetting back to the 2 minute position.

I tried running the chrono for a little over an hour and did another reset- same results. It's as though the minute timer has found a new home. The watch functions fine, but doesn't look right with the hand not set properly. Has anyone seen this before? What can be done to remedy the situation? :huh::huh::huh::huh:

Since the only hand that is not centered is the 30 minute timer one, the problem is with the 30 minute timer gears or the actual hand. There is only one reset hammer which resets both the center chrono seconds and the 30 minute timer.

If your center seconds chrono hand is resetting at "12" but your 30 minute timer hand is at "2", then your problem is the hand has slipped on the post, or the transfer gears have slipped (the transfer gears take the original position of the 30 minute timer at 12 and move it to 3).

Running it for a day or a week or whatever doesn't make any difference, your hand or gear has slipped and needs to be position back at "0" on the subdial.

Doing this will require taking the movement out of the case, figuring out if the hand or gears are at fault and correcting it.

RG