When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need Help With Pam Style Parts!

Guest asad

I had purchased a Pam style case from a seller on the Bay who sells alot of MARINA MILITARE which i cannot seem to be able to get the Crystal of from to send for an AR coat and it also came with a really bad quality Crown Guard and Crown, the CG is good from the outsides but the moving lever is really rough and the crown fells like it's titanium which doesn't match. Would you guys know, where i can get a good quality CG and Crown from? Though the case it self is good quality, so i think it wont need to be replaced.

(Here are some pictures i took of the parts, If it helps determine what can be done about it)

DSC03899.jpg

DSC03858.jpg

DSC03867.jpg

DSC03882.jpg

DSC03873.jpg

Thanks

Edited by asad

Just use thumbs to force the crystal out from the under-side ....a tight fit is a good sign of water resistance

As for the Crown - ....try member PAM or look in the for sale section for PALP crowns

CG - most of the collectors that sell on these forums can help you

A non AR Sapphire is correct for Pre- C series PAM's ....and actually harder to obtain than an AR coated one.....depends which model you want to make

Cheers

FGD

Just use thumbs to force the crystal out from the under-side ....a tight fit is a good sign of water resistance

As for the Crown - ....try member PAM or look in the for sale section for PALP crowns

CG - most of the collectors that sell on these forums can help you

A non AR Sapphire is correct for Pre- C series PAM's ....and actually harder to obtain than an AR coated one.....depends which model you want to make

Cheers

FGD

Thanks, I currently think i have mineral crystal on it, I am wanting to make a no name or in better words a homage, with good quality parts. Do you or any one have any contact info where i can maybe order a AR coated Sapphire Crystal and Crown and Crown Guard from?

Thanks

Without wanting to p*ss on your bonfire, it may well work out much cheaper to buy a watch like the one you're after from the trading boards, and swap the dials! I guess it really depends on what you're looking to create, but have a think before you spend too much.

Got to agree....for $200 you can get a lot of watch - check out the members sales area or watch collector galleries.

Without wanting to p*ss on your bonfire, it may well work out much cheaper to buy a watch like the one you're after from the trading boards, and swap the dials! I guess it really depends on what you're looking to create, but have a think before you spend too much.

Trust me i am still under my budget the case and movement i got at a very bargain price, I have already ordered the dial and hands from davidsan with the C1 Lume and don't mind spending money to get quality material.

(The sandwich Dial at the bottom is what i got from davidsan)

(Picture from his photobucket account)

DSCF4789.jpg

(The Mov't is a Asian 6497 which i self serviced and tested and is keeping good time)

(Though I need to open the movement up again as the crown stem broke partially inside of it)

DSC03843.jpg

(The Case Back is very good quality, which needs to be mounted with Sapphire Crystal which i am also on the hunt for)

DSC03885.jpg

Got to agree....for $200 you can get a lot of watch - check out the members sales area or watch collector galleries.

Thanks for the suggestion but i already bought davidsans Ultimate 112. This is just a self implied project; out of love for watches, and from what i have heard the easiest to do.

(Pictures are from Davidsan, Ultimate 112)

274892-2711.jpg

274892-2712.jpg

My personal review is coming soon.

Thanks

If it helps any bit the case was purchased from helenau on the Bay. I have contacted davidsan and he says his CG and Crown will not fit any other cases, besides his own, So any suggestion?

Edited by asad