When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

All of this talk of the Graham Chronofighter...

rmcsherry

...inspired me to have a look at my old rep! The original automatic Grahams had excellent cases, but an extra pusher underneath the lever, and incorrect printing on the subdials.

As there are no plans to rep the 43mm Chronofighter, I decided to have a look at removing the extra pusher and making it flush with the case - using a quartz Graham rep as a donor. Whilst it's not completely flush, it's certainly a huge improvement.

IMGP0136.jpg

Now, I am left with the dial. The printing on the subdials are acutally on top of a lacquer - and could be removed very easily without damaging the dial. What I wonder is, are there any people out there who would be able to recommend a technique or company who would be able to reprint the subdials? I was wondering whether a tranfer technique would work, it would certainly be a cheap option. I've got new hands to go on the sub dial, and a genuine strap to fit - so visually, it'll be a huge improvement for very little cost (less than