When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My 45mm Planet Ocean

DemonSlayer

I asked my supplier to source me the 45 mm Planet Ocean (as worn by Daniel Craig in Casio Royale) and said that he couldn't find it and would therefore ship me the 42.5mm but would try his best to look for it before my package was shipped. When I received my package of watches, upon initially seeing the watch I thought it was the 42.5 mm.

He also shipped an Omega SMP rubber strap with it, and I tried to fit it onto the watch without much success, but it did not occur to me it was because this wasn't the 42.5mm watch. Today I measured it with my calipers and it turned out to be close to 45mm :) or spot on. I realised that the reason why I did not immediately spot that it was the 45mm was because I had got so used to wearing my 111h on SS :lol: that everything else seemed 'small' and light. I have to say I wasn't even suprised by the size of the watch on my wrist. I don't have particularly big wrists, they are 6.5 inches and so more towards the small size on the scale :lol: but the watch doesn't look at all bad, at least in my opinion and the width from lug to lug doesn't exceed the width of my wrist.

Overall I am pleased with the watch, it is built very well and has been keeping excellent time so far in the week I've had it. There are of course flaws with it, especially being the 'low end' asian 21J movement and therefore more prone to have cosmetic flaws compared to the more expensive ETA version which can cost upto 3 times as much!

shots011.jpg

shots012.jpg

shots015.jpg

shots016.jpg

shots019.jpg

shots020.jpg

shots021.jpg

shots023.jpg

Hey man, I would go for it! It's an amazing watch and good value for money :) The dealer was actually my own business supplier, he doesn't specialize in replicas at all. I give him specifications/requirements of what I want in the watch and he has someone find it, and closely inspects it to check everything is working and the overall finish is good before shipping it to me :) A dealer I would highly recommend for providing you with 'best bang for your buck' watches is a dealer called tonyxkf on the cqout auction site. Fellow board member TeeJay bought his 45mm PO from him at an extremely good price, and it appears now by looking at his photos that mine and his are the exact same version :) His one however has double-drilled lugholes to allow the SMP rubber strap to fit in properly. I don't know what the lug width is on mine but I will get the measurement for you later :) I was a bit upset that my SMP rubber strap didn't fit and I am looking for what options are available to me.