When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai Metal Band Repair

Bright Ling

I have a GMT Panerai where one of the top link pins fell out in my watch winder. The links closest to the clasp have screws, so the links I removed in sizing are a screw type. The upper link that came apart uses a hollow tube in the middle (I think) and a pin (like many other watches).

I found the pin, but I can't find the tube. Any suggestions on how to fix this? The pin just falls out without the tube. I checked other parts that I have laying around but none of them fit. Is there a source to buy parts like these? Any suggestions on how to permenantly get the pin to stay in without the tube?

I know this thread will be flooded with suggestions on getting a leather strap for the watch; thanks for the great suggestion in advance. I really want to stay with the metal band, however.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I'm just bumping this to see if I can get any help.

I would really like to repair this watch band (in a permenant way), but short of resorting to Superglue (or something like it) I don't have a clue what might work. The metal band is very high quality; I hate to give up on it!

Any help out there? ;)