When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HBB Black Magic question...

yodaddynukka

hi,

i have a question to all HBB owners. i know there were issues in the past about the cheap hands/posts and the fact that the movement cannot (or at least is a pain in da @$$) be swapped with a swiss 7750 and also the "H" sticker on the movement. i was wondering if any of these issues have been fixed with the new stock of HBBs. i really want a black magic with ceramic bezel, but i dont want to pull the trigger unless some of these issues have been taken care of. can any owners chime in? thanks in advance.

I havn't pulled the trigger on an HBB as of yet, but from the many reviews ive read and great pictures that acompany them..i would say not to worry soo much about those details you just mentioned. Perfection you will never find, besides if tehy fix those things they might screw up something else that is of greater value to the watch overall.

I already bought 3 HBBs and didn't have any bigger problems with them. Only one - the one from the very very first batch that Angus got (remember the pre-order stuff etc etc) encountered slight power reserve problems but I believe they were sorted out by another member who bought it from me and it worked just fine.

The bigger problem might be the pvd coated case on the Black Magic. I would be afraid it may wear fast, especially on the edges / lugs area. I bought a light SS/PVD Bezel HBB and even with extreme care that I always have with my watches the PVD started to slightly wear off the bezel edge... I am right now ordering a ceramic bezel from Angus to replace it.