When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AR on an 082?

rmcsherry

I'm working on an 082 project - the dial has been vac-lumed, the case is the old style 036 from Joshua with good CG / thick crown, and the movement is an asian 6497-2 (high beat 21kbph) - the movement is visually wrong (OPXI? instead of OPII) but this shouldn't matter with a closed back. Everything is perfect on the watch, other than the canon pinion, which could do with having a flat top if I'm really picky, and the current crystal.

I'm sending the crystal (3.5mm sapphire) to get the AR stripped off - I stupidly scratched the AR whilst reassembling the watch. Does anybody know what the 082 should have? I'm tempted by double AR, but my guess is that the genuine would have had a single-sided coating. Any comments appreciated, as I'll be sending the watch off in a couple of days!

Could you please post a pic of the relumed dial? I have no idea what gen has..there are only 300 of them hard to find AR shots. look at the pic of 82 on paneristi: hxxp://paneristi.com/reference/vendome/images/pam_081_100/pam_82_1.jpg

looks like it has no AR (look athe reflection on the crystal) and dial looks very much like my rep :huh:

Edited by mil_sub

double AR looks great on 82! there were only 300 of them made so chances of seeing gen next to your rep are >0.0001%

Thanks for the comments - I agree that double AR would look awesome, but single sided / no AR would be much more durable and accurate! Tough decision.

@rmcsherry: I would go with double AR. Also the gens can be AR re-coated in the end. And the look improvement that you get in crisper colors and fonts is going to give the watch an even more genuine overall look than single AR, IMHO.

@subzero1: exceptional combo!

That's a good looking watch. Still undecided about the AR - I think I'll send it off to The Zigmeister, and once it's had some wrist time decide if I should get it AR'ed (K2222 is in the EU, so this'll be fairly straightforwards!). As for the strap, I'm considering getting a Delaurian - I've seen some awesome straps that'd be perfect for the 082 that he's produced (I can't pull off exotic leathers, so prefer to go for a calf strap).