When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first replica -- Seamaster from tonyxkf

mikkoaa

I first stumbled across these forums a month or two ago, when I was googling around to find out how to get a cheap fake Rolex just for laughs. My surprise was great when I found out there existed a whole scene for these watches! I was also surprised by both the attention to detail people had, and the quite expensive replica models people were buying.

It seemed that most people on the forums got their replicas from these "dealers", many of which didn't have websites for quickly seeing all the models and the prices, and that turned me down a bit, since, as an avid eBayer, I'm used to making online purchases without much human interaction. Also, the customs issues worried me.

Originally I had planned for getting a Sub, because that simply seemed like the most recognizable luxury watch. I didn't like automatic watches though, because of the practical issues: why get an automatic watch which requires daily care, when you can get superior, maintenance-free accuracy with a simple cheap quartz movement? And nobody seemed to make Subs with quartz movement, because that would be such a blatant fantasy watch, I guess.

So I had to resort to the second-most recognizable watch range, the Omega Seamaster. Some members on this forum had talked about this auction site CQOut, and in particular this seller, tonyxkf, who seemed to be a great guy in everyone's opinion. Since he seemed to have a nice looking quartz Omega Seamaster, I placed an order, and after a week and a half, the watch was in my hands. No customs hassle or anything!

Here's what my 39 GBP + 6 GBP shipping got me:

post-11547-1206313549_thumb.jpg

post-11547-1206313562_thumb.jpg

post-11547-1206313569_thumb.jpg

As far as I can see, the subdials are not correct and the 3 and 9 markers are too big. And the band doesn't look as smooth as the real Omega ones at all.

What do you think? Worth 80 bucks? Think it will fool my friends in a dark nightclub? :)

:lol: Well, you got exactly what you looked, found, and paid for, didn't you, sir? A cheap quartz knock-off of a great watch. If all you wanted it for was a 'larf' why would the maintenance be an issue with an auto? Don't even bother to service it, and only wear it for a lark. At least a good auto rep of this model is one of the best 'out of the box', & will fool most people..even dealers are fooled by the SMP chrono automatic.

The majority of people don't care about watches, so despite its flaws, you should be able to fool many with the rep you have.

True. Speaking for myself, I have to be sold on what I'm wearing to enjoy it.

*I do get a kick out of throwing them whatever I have on to inspect, when asked about it, though! ;)