When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

so bad- Lange & Sohne

rblippy

Lange-extra-plate.jpg

Hi

This is the A. Lange & Sohne Richard Lange edition watch. Narikaa sells a very accurate (near 1:1) exclusive replica... he posted pictures once but I guess people bought them all. It is a very rare and amazingly accurate watch so I heard. If you badly want an accurate Lange, you have to get in touch with him.

What makes a Lange so beautiful? It's truly a piece of art, jewelry-like in every detail.

When it comes to dress watches, I think the replica world has it's hands full...a good dress watch is jewelry for a man, costume pieces just don't glitter like diamonds do!

A dial alone has too many beautifully finished pieces made of precious materials to replicate with any "genuine feel" to it. I think a solid gold case goes a long way towards gen feel, but the movement and dial on a Lange or Glash

Younger brother (much younger, don't ask) is a WW II reenactor.

Everything needs to be absolutely genuine.

He needed a watch as a German (does Australian too).

Here is what I sent him:

post-180-1207705208_thumb.jpg

Poor photo I'll admit, but watch passed muster with many questions, all very positive.

The reps are good today, very good.

Carl

Lange-extra-plate.jpg

Hi

This is the A. Lange & Sohne Richard Lange edition watch. Narikaa sells a very accurate (near 1:1) exclusive replica... he posted pictures once but I guess people bought them all. It is a very rare and amazingly accurate watch so I heard. If you badly want an accurate Lange, you have to get in touch with him.

That would be the one to do, but the whole point of lang's IMO is complete simplicity and the best fit and finish of any watch made. Period. I love Langes but sadly, Lange's are one of the few watches that you just have to buy the gen or none at all. I don't think even a 1:1 copy in every way except fit and finish could be anything but instantly recognized as a rep by anyone who knows what a lange is--I've tried every rep, save the Lange 1 (which is horrible even in the pics) and gave each of them away in short order. I'd love to see some pics of the rep RL, though,if anyone has one...maybe it could be modded and replated?

That would be the one to do, but the whole point of lang's IMO is complete simplicity and the best fit and finish of any watch made. Period. I love Langes but sadly, Lange's are one of the few watches that you just have to buy the gen or none at all. I don't think even a 1:1 copy in every way except fit and finish could be anything but instantly recognized as a rep by anyone who knows what a lange is--I've tried every rep, save the Lange 1 (which is horrible even in the pics) and gave each of them away in short order. I'd love to see some pics of the rep RL, though,if anyone has one...maybe it could be modded and replated?

I own a Richard Lange purchased from ioffer.com (I always buy dress watch reps from ioffer because you can get a fantastic price) and it's not too bad. I paid about $75 for the watch, and got a nice real croc strap from Lonestar to dress it up. With the high quality band, it's nice but not exactly 1:1. But in a pinch it will do.

I have six dress watch reps, ranging in quality from most excellent (Patek Ref. 3919 from River) to okay (Cartier Tortue from Sean when he used to deal on this board). The main thing is to change the staps to something good.

I just bought a new camera, and after I get used to it, I will photograph my dress watch rep collection for posterity...