When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen SS White Daytona, Finally got the Call!

Guest asad

I had been on the waiting list for a White Dial SS Daytona for 3 years and finally got the call today. I got there and checked it all out, The sales guy said you want to go ahead and take it? and right then I glanced at the price tag. WOO wait a minute, why is the price soo much higher? (I had completly forgotten about the recent price increase). Well just due to that, I started to have a second thought and asked the guy if he can hold it for me (So I can sleep over it) as spending 10K after taxes is alot of money and this would be my grail piece. He said since I am a loyal customer he will hold it for me over night.

So what I come too you all for is some advice. I started looking and reading up on rep Daytonas and have come too realize if buying a rep Daytona will fullfill my long time urge. I know of the issue at six and wont mind putting in a better swiss or Zenith movement into it. Though the one thing thats itches me is the 3o'clock misalligned subdial. What are some other issues with this watch? and how close are the good reps to the real deal? Also who is the best dealer to get the best rep from?

This is the cheapo ($60) Daytona that I have had, But it just did'nt fullfill the itch.

IMG_0349.jpg

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I don't think I am ready to spend 10 grand on the real deal.

Thanks

Your rep looks like a good rep to me. I will say there is nothing better than owning a gen daytona. I have an 18k yellow gold with a gold and black subdials dial on mine. I get so many comps on my watch.

If it is your dream watch buy it, you only live once and might as well enjoy life!

Good luck with your purchase!

I had been on the waiting list for a White Dial SS Daytona for 3 years and finally got the call today. I got there and checked it all out, The sales guy said you want to go ahead and take it? and right then I glanced at the price tag. WOO wait a minute, why is the price soo much higher? (I had completly forgotten about the recent price increase). Well just due to that, I started to have a second thought and asked the guy if he can hold it for me (So I can sleep over it) as spending 10K after taxes is alot of money and this would be my grail piece. He said since I am a loyal customer he will hold it for me over night.

So what I come too you all for is some advice. I started looking and reading up on rep Daytonas and have come too realize if buying a rep Daytona will fullfill my long time urge. I know of the issue at six and wont mind putting in a better swiss or Zenith movement into it. Though the one thing thats itches me is the 3o'clock misalligned subdial. What are some other issues with this watch? and how close are the good reps to the real deal? Also who is the best dealer to get the best rep from?

This is the cheapo ($60) Daytona that I have had, But it just did'nt fullfill the itch.

IMG_0349.jpg

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I don't think I am ready to spend 10 grand on the real deal.

Thanks

Thanks

Spend about 20% of that money and get or build a Vintage 6263 with the offset chrono @4! Seek the advice of freddy333, he's the expert......also do a search on Daytona or 6263 and you'll come up with some great education on this watch!

For now, I'm very happy with this (since I don't have $24000):

Daytona1d.jpg

Daytona1.jpg

Good luck!

I vote gen. If you look at TZ, there are 2 or 3 daytonas listed and sold every day, every LNIB version apparently selling within $1000 of MSRP unless people are dramtically slashing prices behind the scenes, which I doubt.

If you can sell for 9k 18 months from now, that's $55 a month to wear a daytona. When you think about it that way, and also consider that even the best post 2k daytona reps ain't that great or that it would cost nearly 5 grand to build an el primero daytona out of all gen parts (Datrons for example have nearly doubled in 18 months) a gen is not the worst use of 10 grand I can think of.

Your rep looks like a good rep to me. I will say there is nothing better than owning a gen daytona. I have an 18k yellow gold with a gold and black subdials dial on mine. I get so many comps on my watch.

If it is your dream watch buy it, you only live once and might as well enjoy life!

Good luck with your purchase!

Thanks, though my rep is a faux chrono Daytona which is considered the cheapest kind. Though the Daytona is not a dream watches for me, But the price tag makes it so.

Spend about 20% of that money and get or build a Vintage 6263 with the offset chrono @4! Seek the advice of freddy333, he's the expert......also do a search on Daytona or 6263 and you'll come up with some great education on this watch!

For now, I'm very happy with this (since I don't have $24000):

Daytona1d.jpg

Daytona1.jpg

Good luck!

Thanks for that suggestion, I will definetly look into it. Though a question off the topic, Who is that model in your sig?

I vote gen. If you look at TZ, there are 2 or 3 daytonas listed and sold every day, every LNIB version apparently selling within $1000 of MSRP unless people are dramtically slashing prices behind the scenes, which I doubt.

If you can sell for 9k 18 months from now, that's $55 a month to wear a daytona. When you think about it that way, and also consider that even the best post 2k daytona reps ain't that great or that it would cost nearly 5 grand to build an el primero daytona out of all gen parts (Datrons for example have nearly doubled in 18 months) a gen is not the worst use of 10 grand I can think of.

Thanks for that, very informative. Though I am still debating.