When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chopard GMT Chrono

cronsell

I'm hoping to get a new Chopard GMT Chrono (panda dial, thanks to seeing Admin' at the GTG in Brussels!). Does anyone know if the cyclops is glued onto the crystal, or is the crystal one piece? I want to send it to Jakub B)

Edited by cronsell

I am not sure .... you better ask Jako .... but I think, one member (who has send the same watch to Jako for AR) discovered that the crystal was crystal in one side and something like "plexi glass" on the other ...... and therefore no AR treatment was possible.

Check in to K2222 subforum. I think the above finding was stated there.

Two-part crystal. I was going to have mind done by ChiefTang, but it was a no-go.

Someone had the creative suggestion of having each part ARed, then removing the inner-facing AR layers before reassembly. I'm not sure if this has been done.

I love the Panda GMT, but you might want to check out reviews of the new special edition chrono models instead. I think they come with decent AR in place -- but they don't come in a GMT version or as a Panda

Thank you for your help guys!

I think it's strange that they would make the GMT Chrono crystal this way since there is no font on it as there is with the newer Chrono. It seems like it would just be a single crystal and then the cyclops. I would understand if the cyclops were made of acrylic or something, which would also put an end to this idea, but two piece? I just don't know enough about crystals in watches to make a truly educated guess.

Either way, I tried the gen of the new chrono on a few weeks ago...didn't do anything for me -_- so I will go with the GMT Chrono in a panda dial, the light factory single AR will just have to do...