When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The impossible-to-find 028A on sale again?

sssurfer

I stumbled upon this page on DHgate.

Buyer beware. That seller had several identities on DHgate, and several of them with a very poor rating.

These are around saw one on ioffer a couple of weeks ago think it was $750 seller had loads of feedback as well.

I saw that as well. By the time I decided to try to get one they were gone. Think one of our popular modders picked one up. Been meaning to ask him if got it and it was legit.

Well, there re several problems w/ his pics:

1)there was never a real PVD version released by any factory that I'm aware of.

2)the dial in his pics looks like aged-tritium look luminova, also never produced by a factory. I didn't look long enough to definitively figure it out, but it looks like he's using pics of a modded rep. God knows what you are going to get.

Also, there is adifference between the original honpo 28 and later 2892 versions, most visibly the dial but also the gorgeous decorated movements (1:1 to gen aside from a missing "I") and in many cases the caseback numbers, which were numbered sequentially in the honpo run. I doubt the hompo version pictured is available in any quantity .

The only positive thing I can say is that there were a few non-honpo 28 reps available last July--so there may be some dealer somehwere who can get one if s/he's willing to look.

My advice would be to ignore this guy and move along...

Guest madstal

Not sure, but this might add some protection ....

DHgate's Escrow service is especially designed for online transaction. You, as a buyer, will pay the seller ONLY when you receive and satisfy with the item.

This value-added service is FREE and is available for all transactions on DHgate.

I have tried to buy from DHgate loads of time but in the end the seller changes the story before I have actually paid there was one last week "Daylight Chrono ETA 7753" the picture was of 7753 watch When I asked if chrono functioned as stopwatch I was told no on this model the movement was Japanese and the 7753 only referred to the stock number!

Not sure, but this might add some protection ....

DHgate's Escrow service is especially designed for online transaction. You, as a buyer, will pay the seller ONLY when you receive and satisfy with the item.

This value-added service is FREE and is available for all transactions on DHgate.

Lello and I already had to resort to that service.

It worked in the end, but it was a pain in the ***.

They judge whether you are entitled to have your money back or not, and you have to pass through several definite steps, and you have only a small timeframe (a few days) to do the most important step that is requesting their intervention.

As they also consider the messages exchanged between you and the seller to make their judgment, better knowing it in advance and making it clear with the seller the precise features of the watch that you expect and any other things that might be relevant.