When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asian 7750 In Pam212

pwygant

Greetings,

I have had an asian PAM212 7750 for about three months now and today I noticed that the automatic movement "top half circle" (Think it is called rotor) was stopping on the lever that was starting the chrono. (turn the watch around you can see this is what is engaging)

Curious as I am, I wanted to se if the lever was just off or seated incorrectly so not having any tools, I removed the caseback with one of those plastic "towels" that you use on sticking jars and it opened up.

After investigating the movement from a distance with no hands or fingerprints, it looks like at first the blue "screw" holding this start/stop lever down was very loose and needed to be tightened and it was also off the notch where it was sitting. I managed to move it back with a small tweezer on the notch but it still looks like the screw needs to be tightened with a very small screwdriver to put this back into place.

Now, I contacted the dealer to see if I they would still be able to help me but it seems that this should not happen this quick? For the record, I didn't buy the 212 for the chrono and I don't need the function but I figured I would ty it a few times to see if it worked. It seemed to work just fine but very tough to reset with the 4 c'clock button.

Is this something common our friendly repair people can fix or service along with the regular 7750 service or am I better working my way back through the dealer.

//Thanks

Edited by pwygant

First of all you are doing much better than most by opening your case

and discovering the problem. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Next I would suggest that you invest in some basic watchsmithing tools,... very cheap,

and found all over ebay.

Then you could tighten that screw yourself, and maybe handle other problems

that do crop up from time to time with any watch, gen or rep. ^_^

Kev,

As you probably understand, this is now the state as of yesterday with my 212. I'll let you know how it goes.

//Pete

First of all you are doing much better than most by opening your case

and discovering the problem. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Next I would suggest that you invest in some basic watchsmithing tools,... very cheap,

and found all over ebay.

Then you could tighten that screw yourself, and maybe handle other problems

that do crop up from time to time with any watch, gen or rep. ^_^