When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Superlume or something almost as bright as it !

klocklind1

Do anyone know where I can buy superlume or something almost as bright as it to put on the dialmarkers and hands on my Fiddy ?

http://www.rctritec.com/

OR where can I buy a superlumed dial and hands exept from Davidsen ?

Possibly Angus (Pure Time)

I don't see why they wouldn't sell to the public, but do you have any experience working with SL? If not them you will probably need to practice on a few old dials/hands first. Add that to the cost of the SL and you may want to consider having one of the board modders do it for you. I usually like to do anything I can myself, whether it be working on my car or anything, but when it comes to precision and the smallest mistake ruining a dial, I'll leave it to the pros.

A

I've been researching Chemical Supply houses that sell LumiNova (not Super-LumiNova, RC Tritec owns that name). I have not, yet, been able to confirm the differences between LumiNova and Super-LumiNova (they don't sell samples). I've read that they're the same chemical composition, but that Super-Luminova is processed under stricter manufacturing guidlines and so results in a better product.

The difference in price and availability compared to RC Tritec, however, is enormous!!

If you're looking for something like Super-LumiNova, but a LOT less expensive and a easier to get (if you're in the USA), LumiNova MAY be a good solution.

The problem is that the minimum buy is 2lb!

I'd be willing to buy 2lb as long as I could sell some of it (it's cheap, but not free, and I don't need 2lb).

PM me if you're interested and if it looks like it will work out, I'll get the 2lb.

Do You know if privat consumers can buy from them ( I know The Zigmeister does ! ) ?

Yes they do. Just tell them that you are an amateur/hobbyst watchsmith.

The only problem I got on purchasing from them is that they do not accept CC nor paypal -- and in my country international bank wire transfers are subject to scandalous bank fees, that add up to the already scandalous price of Superluminova.

Fortunately, in the end they agreed to get paid with money in an envelope (!) :ph34r:

Yes they do. Just tell them that you are an amateur/hobbyst watchsmith.

The only problem I got on purchasing from them is that they do not accept CC nor paypal -- and in my country international bank wire transfers are subject to scandalous bank fees, that add up to the already scandalous price of Superluminova.

Fortunately, in the end they agreed to get paid with money in an envelope (!) :ph34r:

You have so much good information Surfer !!!!! :lol:

I just need to put superluminova on the dial ( the hands is already much brighter than the diakmarkers ! ) on my Fiddy and that is perhaps not so difficult ??

But do You know any other dealer on this board that can put real superluminova on my dial ?

I thought it was ONLY The Zigmeister that has the real Superluminova ????

I just need to put superluminova on the dial ( the hands is already much brighter than the diakmarkers ! ) on my Fiddy and that is perhaps not so difficult ??

Yes, reluming a sandwich dial is not a difficult task at all.

But do You know any other dealer on this board that can put real superluminova on my dial ?

I suppose you are meaning "modder" rather than "dealer".

AFAIK, all modders use SL. In order to be sure, just make it clear with them that what you want is only SL.

The problem is that, again AFAIK, there are very few modders able and reliable on relume jobs.

You have so much good information Surfer !!!!! :lol:

Since you will be doing the work yourself you can probably see if the hands match the dial when you are done putting the SL on the dial. If not, I'd do the hands at the same time so everything is 1)the same color and 2) the lume lasts the same amount of time. Best of luck and post some pics when you are done.