When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

maybe a fix for DSN stripped lug screw holes

pete2528ca

So I was playing around tonight with my DSN case. His screws just spin and spin and spin in the case. Anyway, I compared the pin to a set I had from another standard case. well there is a lot more threaded area on the standard pins. when i put them in they actually grabbed, so i shortened them and filed them off and they worked.

i think it isn't that the holes are stripped, but that the screws are short.

So I was playing around tonight with my DSN case. His screws just spin and spin and spin in the case. Anyway, I compared the pin to a set I had from another standard case. well there is a lot more threaded area on the standard pins. when i put them in they actually grabbed, so i shortened them and filed them off and they worked.

i think it isn't that the holes are stripped, but that the screws are short.

I actually think that the screws are too thin to grab the threads. My screws just danced in the screw holes.

That's right Zio, you mentioned that in a previous post. Well ill be honest, the reason i was farting around is that I am expecting my case today, and will probably need the springbars for that...lol

i was experimenting with foil to fill in the gap with an extra crown guard I have, and it may just work. will post pictures when it is done.

I find a lot of the screw lug Panerai style buckles have this same problem as do most of the cases that you find on the non brand or homage watches out there. I stopped caring and just use River spring bars now. I am happy with that solution.

Hi UJ,

Are you talking about the DSN Pre-V case? If you use 2 screw drivers at the same time you can tighten so it becomes secure. after that with one screw driver it will still dance around, but will still be secure. Keep in mind DSN's 2 screw system is different from the Panerai Pre-V 2 screw system (or even anonimo 2 screw system) where the DSN female treaded tube is smaller diameter (and passes through the lug holes) and scews are larger, while the Pam pre-V & anonimo female threaded tube is larger (does not pass through the lug holes) and the screws are smaller.

Carpe Diem