When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Maurice Lacroix (Le Chronographe)

mwee

Would like to ask anyone's opinion on this new watch I saw posted by King - Maurice Lacroix (Le Chronographe). I think it is a beautiful watch. The specs as sted by king are :

movement :venus manual hand movement

glass:sapphire

size:44.5mm

dial:silver&black

case:steel

strap: black leather strap

Looks good to me , only the deployant buckle, not sure the gen buckle is like that. Anyone has this watch, gen or rep and would like to comment on how good this is?

Thanks

post-3199-1209986543_thumb.jpg

It is very accurate to the gen, but have to confess I don't like it much.

Not really. You have to look carefully to see the (huge) inconsistencies. For starters, the chrono is only half the duration of the original!

One thing to give "props" on to the manufacturer is that this is the first manual wind (Sea-Gull ST19) replica with correct subdial spacing. I also suspect that it's enormous size will cause the running seconds hand to be very jittery - especially the running chrono module. I was thinking on getting this watch but, it being a highly exclusive and rare brand, coupled with the fact the watch is a very rare special edition - those who are in the "know" would surely recognize it as rep.

art_mauricelacroix_07_0308_lechrono_01.jpg

dsc0761ap3yh5.jpg

Edited by Corgi

Not really. You have to look carefully to see the (huge) inconsistencies. For starters, the chrono is only half the duration of the original!

One thing to give "props" on to the manufacturer is that this is the first manual wind (Sea-Gull ST19) replica with correct subdial spacing. I also suspect that it's enormous size will cause the running seconds hand to be very jittery - especially the running chrono module. I was thinking on getting this watch but, it being a highly exclusive and rare brand, coupled with the fact the watch is a very rare special edition - those who are in the "know" would surely recognize it as rep.

art_mauricelacroix_07_0308_lechrono_01.jpg

dsc0761ap3yh5.jpg

Oh yea, how did I miss that? a pity, this was really a beautiful watch (the gen at least). From where I am from, people seem to dismiss this brand. I used to as well but these couple of years, I noticed that they have really improved in terms of design and movement. Of course, I understand the rep movement is way off (gen has pvd coating on screws and bridges). I was just hoping that the dial was replicated accurately, especially as the gen has a silver dial. Oh well.....