When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Aquatimer Slevin Eye Candy

omeega

So, I had been searching for some time for my next watch. My collection was small but potent: I had a Retro GMT Master II from Josh, a black Omega SMP chrono with a modded bracelet, and a blue Omega SMP Chrono. I had always liked the Slevin, but was never willing to pull the trigger until I actually saw the movie. For whatever reason, it made me crave the watch. Sometimes I think this is an obsession, not a hobby.

In order to justify the hefty price tag of the Slevin I decided to part ways with the GMT and Black SMP. I sold the GMT to HikeUSA, thanks Hike, and I sold the black SMP chrono to my friend. The gen black SMP chrono is my favorite watch, but the bracelet on the rep isn't the same and I could never get over it. Someday that will be my one and only gen.

Back on topic, I decided to go with PT for the first time as I'd heard the issues about bezel and "swiss made" alignment. It took a few weeks to get the watch, but I'm glad I went with PT. The bezel is perfectly aligned and swiss made is only slightly past six o'clock. The bezel clicks smoothly, and the SS bracelet was easy to adjust. I definitely agree with Pug that this is the finest bracelet produced. Compared with my SMP, it feels like a dream on my wrist. Unlike some others, I think the AR is definitely sufficient. I've heard the SS bracelet has better AR, maybe that's true, but mine seems great.

Problems: the only issues are the slightly off center "swiss made," the day-date is very slightly off today (we'll see how it goes over the next week), the lume on the hour markers is uneven and a bit sloppy, and the crown feels pretty wobbly when adjusting the time. These are all small issues which I may try and modify some day, but not anytime soon. If I ever did anything to this rep, I would completely overhaul it with movement, day-date, and perhaps even dial replacements. Overall it is a beautiful watch, I'm very happy with it, now it's time to stare at it a bit more....

Thanks to PT, pugwash, and everyone else who reviewed this timepiece. And thanks to Lucy Liu for being so hot and making me watch Lucky Number Slevin.

post-5190-1210277533_thumb.jpg

post-5190-1210277576_thumb.jpg

post-5190-1210277712_thumb.jpg

post-5190-1210277781_thumb.jpg

post-5190-1210278041_thumb.jpg