When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problem with my OSMP Chrono crown...

Omega Fan

I've been delaying it long enough...

Can someone more knowledgeable please find the crown and tube here:

http://www.cousinsuk.com/catalog/4/444/1943.aspx

so that I know what to order for my SMP chrono...

My local friendly watch repair guy replaced the tube on my SMP chrono with a generic. It has worked perfectly ever since. He also made a point of telling me that he'd priced the gen parts, and they were, "stupid money"!

The whole job set me back (a whopping) $25! Seriously, though - get yourself a local watch repairman. They already know where to get the parts, and if they screw it up, they can put it right.

• 6 months later...
The tube is press fit in the case. The rep tube needs to be drilled out and the new tube glued in. It is best to use some type of glue that expands. I used a brand called Gorilla glue that is available in the US. It make a very strong bond.

http://www.gorillatough.com/glues.aspx

Please explain "press fit". Do you mean ther is just a smooth hole that the crown was "pressed & glued into" (i.e. no threads)?

Do you have any pictures you can share of the tube BEFORE it is installed (to see what you mean).

Also, when you changed tubes was the rep & gen about the same length/size (i.e. no nee to change the stem?)

• 4 months later...
Thanks a lot as well!! I'm going to see if I can order them locally here. I followed The Zigmeister's advice on screwing in the crown to avoid stripping by turning counter-clockwise until I felt the click before screwing it in...but cheap threads still strip.

Can you describe it a little more?

I will order a PO chrono (correct subdials) today, and I don't want to [censored] up the crown...

I downloaded a GEN users manual, and I read out this:

If I understand good:

To adjust the date and the time:

-I should screw down the crown (Can I screw too much? or it is not possible?)

-I should pull the crown a little to adjust the date (after the pulling I should screw to clockwise)

-I should pull the crown fully to adjust the time (after the pulling I should screw to cw or countercw)

Andrew suggested me:

When I pushed back the crown I can start the screwing back, but I also need to push the crown ( push + screwing). And I should do this slowly. OK, I understand this.

But what is your (The Zigmeister's) method?

(Sorry, but English is not my first language, and I don't understand your description.

• 2 weeks later...