When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PVD Ti 'Sports' (n

Just curious, any takers on this one yet?

picture52ex7.png

And the gen.... not 100% accurate and annoyingly so, gen has anthracite 'radial burst' dial (rep has matt black, this bloody HBB-esque obsession) but with same hands used in SS golf variant (reps too) so no excuses really <_<

But at that price, perfect for the late night stealth visits to the driving range :D

10627pm7.jpg

It's a quartz watch anyway... not my cup of coffee.

As is the gen, trust me you don't want an auto movement on you wrist when you rip out a 3-iron from the light rough ;)

Not to mention this weighs about 55g (Ti case) and has a destro crown for comfort sake.

All in all, a very good rep - whether it's your cup of coffee or not, it's a much better look than the old black (or *shudder* white) dial "Golf" watch.

As is the gen, trust me you don't want an auto movement on you wrist when you rip out a 3-iron from the light rough ;)

Not to mention this weighs about 55g (Ti case) and has a destro crown for comfort sake.

All in all, a very good rep - whether it's your cup of coffee or not, it's a much better look than the old black (or *shudder* white) dial "Golf" watch.

True. :lol:

But this is an interesting idea for a test. What replica stands the adversities of a golfcourse best? Maybe with some mountainbike-downhill riding combined? This could be fun! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

lol.. i know its PVD mate, I was commenting on the finish of the first watch. The gen looks much better though. I associate PVD with more of a "tactical", "special ops" kinda watch. I think PVD on a classic(ish) looking golf watch doesnt really complement that look of the watch.

lol.. i know its PVD mate, I was commenting on the finish of the first watch. The gen looks much better though. I associate PVD with more of a "tactical", "special ops" kinda watch. I think PVD on a classic(ish) looking golf watch doesnt really complement that look of the watch.

Well I don't know about you, but I go into special ops/stealth mode when I play golf, no mercy, take no prisoners etc. It's even been known for me to be stalking around a course past midnight into the early hours of the morning. Ask Admin ;)

Hi Guys,

I am a rep for a golf club company. I bought the rep about four months ago. It is a great watch for golfing. It feels like you have nothing on your wrist, and it looks really cool. The clasp is very different, the top snaps into the bottom and forms a solid case. I would recommend this for any active sports person. By the way i wore in into my AD and it is spot on!!

Hi Guys,

I am a rep for a golf club company. I bought the rep about four months ago. It is a great watch for golfing. It feels like you have nothing on your wrist, and it looks really cool. The clasp is very different, the top snaps into the bottom and forms a solid case. I would recommend this for any active sports person. By the way i wore in into my AD and it is spot on!!

Any chance of some pics "in the wild"? ;)

Also how's the PVD coating holding up scratch-wise?

I tried this watch on at my AD today and its unbelievable how light this watch is and how comfortable it is on the wrist! I would never have considered it until the salesgirl showed me the type of clasp it has. Very cool idea and a great watch. The gen rubber is just fabulous! The best feeling rubber strap I have had on before. It may be something other than rubber...maybe poly-something.

Juicy - if it's soft-feeling it's probably got a little silicone mixed in with the rubber.

One glaring thing I noticed was that the gen has a standard Ti caseback, unlike the PVD front - gives a nice two-tone appearance. See?

picture20uz3.png

Couldn't be a more obvious flaw with the all-black rep you'd think, right? <_<

picture28nu8.png

But then, what is this I see??? :Jumpy:

A "V2" updated version also from Josh, offered side-by-side....hurrah!

picture23ez6.png