When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Opinions on latest release Link Chrono

scoobs1971

Good choice scoobs. Anyway, you will find excellent deal of this watch in the US (most likely due to current exchange rate).

The gen is a good value for money IMHO. Used to own the rep with mushroom/grey dial but I agree... I think blue/black looks best on this watch.

As for the bezel, agree with polished too. Looks much better than the brushed one IMHO.

this is a gen piece I believe :p

Anyway, you can always do aftermarket coating but you'll be getting closed caseback (I think very accurate on the rep). Open caseback is usually a cause of "dead giveaway" on rep watches (movement and rotor exposed).

Doh!! :p

Just read the original post again, sorry about that.

I will definitely be getting that AR done if I end up with a Link Chrono, it looks so good on this watch.

I own both the blue (polished bezel) and black (brushed bezel) reps. The blue version is the better rep, although the lume dots on the inner bezel are missing (only white paint) and the the numbers on the running seconds dial are located slightly off.

The black version has wrong shape and size of pushers and crown, the bezel is about 1mm too large, caseback has wrong shape and looks as if it's a big too thick.

This particular model hasn't been repped yet and I wonder if the rep makers will ever feel the urge to do so.

Since I love this model so much the real thing is growing on me..... Especially the display caseback and the AR are a bonus to me.