When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

a beadblasted pam? yes or no?

longshot

i picked up an 'ultimate 104' this week from another member, and i love this watch. as good a pam rep as i have ever owned :)

i got it at a great price because it had been partially brushed, then partially re-polished. it is wearable as is, but i've been thinking of doing something a little different than just having it re-finished. i'm fairly good friends with a well known watch restorer/modder (who does NOT work on reps) who is best known for his lume work and his satin beadblast finish. it's different than a lot of the beadbllast you see, more of a smooth satin finish without much 'texture'. i talked to him yesterday and he is willing to do the pam as a favor for me. i'm thinking of just having the case blasted and leaving the crown/crown guard and bezel polished.

what do you guys think?

here are a couple pics of other watches he has done for me to give you an idea of the finish ;)

orig.jpg

standard.jpg

orig.jpg

standard.jpg

Edited by longshot

Guest avitt

Here is a Pam case that I recently bead blasted for another member (on its way to being DLC coated). I used fine glass media. I know that they don't give the full perspective of an assembled piece, but perhaps these can help with your decision...

img3114eo6.jpg

img3120yt8.jpg

Yes.

Personally, I love non-polished 104. On this exact moment I am wearing a variant 104 with brushed case & CG, and polished bezel. Until a few weeks ago it had polished bezel and CG.

I suppose that the beadblasted look is even better than brushed. I would go for it.