When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anybody here like to listen to music?

yim156

What do you like?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which material you like to use in the cable or like to try?

• OFC Copper
    • OCC Copper (99.99999% & 1 crystal the whole wire)
    • Silver (99.99%)
    • Silver plated copper (??? but not tin plated)
    • Silver/Gold (99% silver + 1% gold)

Well, got no idea on how to start...

I have been around here for quite sometime. Posting many stupid things, some like (???) and most don't. but I like it here.

As you can see I am just a normal member, I always want to become a supported member but don't want to spend money out of my pocket (yet). hahaha..........

Okay, get into the point..................................

The reason of this post is to check interest on a RCA audio cable. I have some skills on how to solder, and about to place order for some wires for personal use.

I want to share some audio experiences with people here, in exchange, you have to help me upgrade the member status and pay the shipping fee.

The RCA cable specification

- Standard gold plated Neutrik RCA connectors. (If you want other brand, you have to pay for them) (in case of 3 and 5 , this connectors are not worth the wire.)

- 1m. (or shorter as you wish) of 2-3 wires hand-braided cable. It will be the winning wire of this poll. (Number of wires depend on the wire AWG size)

- Soldered using Mundorf silver/gold solder. (The 2nd most expensive I could find, more expensive than WBT, and Cadas. The 1st expensive is Mundorf with more gold)

Sound characters

1. OFC Copper : Good in mid, normal high, soft & relax.

2. OCC Copper (99.99999% & 1 crystal the whole wire) : like OFC Copper but the wire is purer so it is better. OCC refers to ?

3. Silver (99.99%) : Great high , bright & open.

4. Silver plated copper (??? but not tin plated) : Combine the good things from both copper and silver. Never try it because I believe that all the silver plated wires on my hand are fake tin plated wire.

5. Silver/Gold (99% silver + 1% gold) : This is my current favorite wire. Very expensive, very small. It has very bright character but soft. (???) better details and more relax than silver.

I believe that this combination + any wires would be much better than those $150++ cables from the shelf.

Again, This is just only for an interest check. Please help me vote the poll and give me some commends.

PS. I will sum the poll on Sunday 15 June

Thankz..

Yim

Hi Yim!

I'm in Hi-Fi and this is my long run hoby and pasion.

There 's notthing better from listening crystal clear voice from loudspeakers

in your hifi system.

I think, wires (interconnects and speaker wires) are component for themself.

What's that mean?

Several different wires in one hifi system will give several different interpretations

of listening material.

Some wires will give more bass, some of them clear highers.

Some cables will give open stage...etc...etc.

In my case, when I mach my system, first I choose loudspeakers, then amp nad CDplayer.

Wires (spiker wires and interconects) at the end.

Tryed several different combinations in system while listening always the same song.

Each wire brought different sound (better or worse) regarding to hifi setup.

If you have aesthetic hearing you will notice that,I am sure.

I just want to say, the same "wire" will give different sound in different audio systems.

Better or worse!

The most expensive interconect (or speaker wires) is no guarantee for better and most beautiful sound!!

Your ears are the best judge! :)

//Tom

Thanks Tom.

It is like you say. Music is not about the price but its always be the TASTE!! "Close your eyes, trust your ears"

For me, it is very easy to choose all the cables. and wires.

Just pick any silver wires, that's it. !!! hahaha.......... The difference is how much I like it and which one I like the most.

In fact, I am not a very good listener due to my taste. Very high, low mid, low bass. I like girls sings on my nose.

Anyway, Missing my system at home :black_eye:

- custom made tube amp + speaker (by hi-fi & electronic magazine author, big bro) Don't know what is inside but acceptably cheap and I like it.

- custom made 6922 head amp. (same guy) my best bright & clear head amp. Customers @ headphone store used to commend that this amp can make Senn 650 bright.