When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

rotor wobble.. is this it?

drew123

Hi, neebie here,

I finally took the plunge and purchased a watch, from josh, - PAM 253.

It looks fantastic, I'm really pleased. Thanks to the forum for giving me the courage to get one.

But... It rattles like a babies toy. It's the rotor touching the clear back plate.

So, is this the 7750 rotor wobble that I keep reading about?

The watch certainly seems to work ok. no problems autowinding etc.. it's just that the noise is really disconcerting.

It's the one thing that stops this from being an absolutely great watch. and will probably stop me from wearing where this will be heard.

I understand that the 7750 has a large rotor and it does make a noise but should it really be touching the case?

thanks,

drew123

Ok, in the absence of anyone else responding:

I contacted Josh and gave him the info. He advised me to remove the caseback and tighten the rotor screw! arrggghh!.

Oh well, nothing to lose.

So I removed the caseback and discovered that the rotor screw had not been tightened up in any way - it just came out.

So I tightened it up ( with a knife!! :o ) and it's perfect now. The mechanism is almost silent.

So, I'm guessing this just slipped through Josh's QC. :rolleyes:

But, he's been extremely helpful during this purchase - the fist delivery arrived empty and he v promply sent out the replacement. He then replied v quickly to all my emails and correctly diagnosed the solution to this issue.

I will now be wearing the watch in public!

drew123

Guest carlsbadrolex

Congratulations on repairing the watch! But here is a suggestion. If you intend to continue with this hobby, pick up some proper tools. You can spend under $100 and get the tools necessary to do minor repairs like this. Its all fun and games until you try something with the wrong tool and destroy your beloved watch. I know... Ive done it.

Congratulations again!