When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep-friendly New York City Watchsmith?

peterw2

Hi,

Newbie here and I am so happy at finding such an incredible group of helpful and knowledgeable enthusiasts on this site! I just purchased my first rep, a very impressive Super Seadweller V2 from another RWG member. I wanted to have my 47th street watchsmith take a look at it to make sure that all gaskets are in place, silicon grease, tighten back, etc. just to make sure things are good before I take it swimming.

Lo and behold, he would have none of it :( He obviously has not been on top of the recent improvements in reps, confirmed by some of the pressure tests our fellow members have conducted, so he wouldn't even look at it. Once I told him it was a rep, he just repeated over and over that it will not be water resistant! I don't believe he had any particular moral reason not to work on reps, but as soon as I mentioned "water", he fired back that no rep is water resistant.

So any help would be greatly appreciated in recommendations for a "rep-friendly" watchsmith anywhere in Manhattan. The Seadweller has an Asian movement, so there may be a time in the future when I may put in an ETA movement.

Thanks to everyone in advance....I really need to find someone!

Sorry to add this, I am unable to edit my original post:

Barring any recommendations in NYC, I will gladly pay one of the experts in this forum to apply some of the waterproofing techniques found in RWG, pressure test, etc. who would like to help a fellow out. PM me if you feel so inclined.

Thanks.