When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

187 Dial: Which of these 2 is more accurate?

bruce79

I know both are inaccurate but I've got two here and I'd like to use the most accurate of the two. Please chime in!

Sorry, the white is off balance in the pics resulting in a yellowish hue...

The top dial has a more glossy finish while the lower dial is matte. Also, the top dial's sub dials are more recessed and the hour markers have a tiny metal surrounding.

DSC_0009-4.jpg

DSC_0007-1.jpg

Is the top dial's "1000" more of a bright blue rather than a "blackish-blue"?

If so, then I would advise using the top dial because of the recessed subdials, a la the gen.

But if you can paint the metal hour rings black, then IMO it would be more faithful to the gen.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the dial is matte whereas the dial ring is glossy on the gen.

Here are two detailed pics of roughly the same location on each of the above mentioned dials. I may have got it wrong above. The bottom dial in these two photos is the dial I described as glossy above when in fact it is pretty matte...it's the sub dials that have a sheen to them as well as the ring around the dial...So other then the metal surrounding the indices, the bottom dial below appears to be the most accurate. The '1000' is also much bluer and raised a bit.

CSC_0022.jpg

CSC_0020.jpg