When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which Cartier am I looking for?

supermoves

It was a large circular face with a blue stone on the end of the crown and the crown was set a little in, so that the bezel actually partially covered it. Does anyone know which model this is? I cant seem to find it on any site, including cartier!! Thank you!

It was a large circular face with a blue stone on the end of the crown and the crown was set a little in, so that the bezel actually partially covered it. Does anyone know which model this is? I cant seem to find it on any site, including cartier!! Thank you!

Ballon Bleu de Cartier?

11.jpg

Ballon Bleu de Cartier?

11.jpg

YES! thank you....the one I saw was a two-tone version...but that is definately the watch...thank you so much. If anyone has a suggestion of a decent place to get a rep of this watch, Im all ears :-) Thanks again!

Both Josh and Trusty have them. I believe an ETA version of this watch was just released a week or two ago. Previously, only the 21J version was available.

Couple of things about the rep of this watch for you to know. I love this watch, and have ordered five of them in total for myself and friends. I get more comments and questions about this watch than any other I own. But this watch has more quality control problems than any watch I've seen. Of the five watches I've ordered, I've had to send back four. Two of them had a bad 21j movement-- it would work for about two hours, then stop, then would start again if you shook the watch. The other two both had a problem with the crown. Specifically, the crown isn't properly secured. So if you move the crown counter-clockwise, the crown starts to unscrew from the stem. Others have reported this same problem. And because of the construction of the case, once the crown falls off, it's very difficult (if not impossible) for you to reattach it.

That being said, it's a great rep visually. Very close to the gen. The dial is nicely textured, and the finish of the case and bracelet are very good. If you buy one, just be sure to be careful when setting the time with the crown.

That is great advice, thank you. I ordered a sub from trusty and paid a little extra for him to deal with the "issues" it might have...including waterproofing...so maybe he will offer that service for this watch, I will check it out...thanks again...

Both Josh and Trusty have them. I believe an ETA version of this watch was just released a week or two ago. Previously, only the 21J version was available.

Yes, but so far I've only seen it in steel, - gold and TT to come, I hope! Josh has it in a ton of configurations!